Toiletries

July morning

The ship will have a shop where you can buy most toiletries if you need them.  Also, if you are in one of the higher grade cabins you may get more goodies.  It's worth talking to your cabin maid as she may be able to get other items if you are nice to her.  

Edited by Coravel

The shower caps are the very thin concertina type, so not really made to last.  As said by Li shan, the soap comes in very small bars - think the tiniest you would get in a Travelodge or similar.  I have had a cabin stewardess prepared to keep supplying them, but maybe not ideal if on a 2 week holiday.  I do not use the big dispensers, but my husband does.

On fly holidays we have bought toiletries in Boots in the airport (you can pre order on the net and pick up airside which we find useful).  Not sure if a heavy load there that will cause problems boarding as I have seen reports of hand luggage being weighed as you board the plane in recent years, though that has not happened to us often.  You will likely have coats with pockets though :classic_unsure:

We find pre ordering insect repellent particularly useful as you can then take in hand luggage.  If it is liquid I do not like taking the risk of it leaking in the suitcases.

Enjoy your holiday. 

Edited by tring

Thank you all for your replies,  I shall take my own hair conditioner (as usual) and buy a shower cap to take with me as I like a quick shower in the morning but don't wash my hair until the evening shower before dinner 🙂 I have bought deet strength insect repellent in spray form and "stick" as we're going on the Amazon cruise in February.

Take a packet of Bounce laundry sheets with you and place one in a top pocket or around a trouser belt.  We've used this method for years when visiting the Amazon or Bangkok and have never  suffered an insect bite.