Anyone ever do the Soufriere sail catamaran tour?

Spoiledtcangel

Hi all, just curious if anyone ever done this through Shore excursioneer it seems shore excursions group has the same exact excursion so wondering if they use the same tour company and which one? 

My friend is a bit skeptical of getting back to the ship on time, and would have liked to contact the company directly or seen reviews of them.  Thanks in advance for any insight 

• 1 month later...

First of all, any major, reputable tour company will not risk making you late to the ship. The ships are their bread and butter and their main source of business and if they constantly made people late, they would no longer get business from the ships.

With that said, the Soufriere catamaran tour is a long one, and can be even longer depending on what's included. We have done this tour (not from a cruise ship, but from a land resort on St. Lucia), and it was a full day. The catamaran leaves from a dock right by the cruise port, and takes about an hour and a half to sail down the island to Soufriere. At that point, it depends on what your tour includes. Ours included a trip to the mud baths, a trip to a waterfall, and a tour/lunch at a plantation. That was followed by the cruise back up the coast to Castries, with a stop for snorkeling. 

If I remember correctly, we left the dock at Castries at around 8:30 or 9, and returned to the dock at about 3:30 or 4.

Bottom line: If you're going to book privately (not through the ship), make sure you tell the tour operator what ship you're from and what the hours in port are scheduled to be. They will likely already know this, but make sure.

• 1 month later...

We did this tour last Jan.  It was a good tour but I thought they tried tops k to much in it. 

They pick Rick you up in a van outside the dock and transport you to their dock.  We meet up with other from local hotels.  Cat ride out was nice and the Pitons are beautiful.  We then docked and took another van to the gardens for a tour.  From there we went to the volcano sone did the mud bath.  We then had lunch it was pretty good.  From there it was back to Cat where we were supposed to snorkel in a cove but they were running late so we snorkeled off a point.  Water was crystal clear but there was to much current and not much to see.  My only complaint was bad snorkel.  On the cat ride back they served free rum drinks and took us right to the ship.   

• 1 month later...

I did this through NCL and loved it. We started with the Catamaran tour which stopped for a 45 minute swim before arriving in Soufriere (free beverages including booze). The view of the Pitons from the boat was amazing! We arrived at the estate for a tour and lunch and then a drive to the waterfall. We were there about 30 minutes. Then a long, windy drive back to the port with a brief stop for photos and bathroom. All in all, I loved it.

We did this tour in early March.  I would say it was 'so-so'.  Personally I would not choose to do it again. It was no bad, per se.  But if I had a choice on where to spend my day, I would not do this excursion again.  We found the crew on the boat seemed more interested in partying with themselves than makings sure the guests were taken care of.  They were dancing and singing up a storm.  Also, on every excursion I've been on in the Caribbean the crew always helps you back into the boat after snorkeling.  Usually they take your mask, flippers, and offer you a hand up.  Here they did not.  You were on your own.  And this was the first excursion I've ever been on where you had to sign out the mask and the flippers to make sure you return them!

• 5 months later...
On 3/20/2019 at 4:53 PM, snirpville said:

I did this through NCL and loved it. We started with the Catamaran tour which stopped for a 45 minute swim before arriving in Soufriere (free beverages including booze). The view of the Pitons from the boat was amazing! We arrived at the estate for a tour and lunch and then a drive to the waterfall. We were there about 30 minutes. Then a long, windy drive back to the port with a brief stop for photos and bathroom. All in all, I loved it.

Hi, will be doing the Southern Caribbean itinerary in December for the first time.  NCL has had to change the itinerary unfortunately, but we are still going to St Lucia 👏👏.  Due the the change(I think🤔)  we still have no excursions showing for our cruise, so was wondering if you could tell me what the tour was called and the price you paid (in CDN$ if possible as that is what shows on my site).  It looks like exactly the kind of excursion we would be interested in. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for your time,

Angela

Hi Angela, it was with NCL and was called SOUFRIERE BY LAND & SEA. I don’t recall how much it was though. At least $100 CDN if not a bit more. I suspect NCL will have it again; it may take a few weeks to list all the tours for St Lucia if they just changed your itinerary.

• 2 months later...

We were on Oceania in 2018 and did this tour.  It was called Land & Sea to Sourfriere.  We thoroughly enjoyed it, though it didn't stop at the mud baths (that was okay with me).  We had a couple of snorkeling stops, and then a bus ride from Soufriere back to Castries.  Well worth it, we thought.