Pinnacle Suite/Concierge Room service from specialty restaurants

BTwurddle

I am aware by asking this question I will likely awaken the HAL board police but I would like to preface by stating I am only inquiring and dont mean to convey ANY sense of entitlement or privilege by booking a cruise in the more expensive real estate onboard. We have decided to splurge on a beautiful itinerary on Nieuw Amsterdam NEXT December in on of the beautiful Pinnacle suites. This will be a first for us to sail so high on the hog on HAL. Although I know aboard HAL all passengers in all cabins have the luxury to order room service off the dining room menus each night, does anyone have experience with either Neptune or particularly Pinnacle suites in ordering room service from the other restaurants on board? Is it possible to order room service from Tamarind, Canaletto or the Pinnacle Grille? Is the concierge able to make such arrangements? We would fully expect to pay full covers for each passenger or for each item ordered, but I'd love to know if anyone has heard of this being possible? This entire trip will be a treat and I;m sure a hard earned indulgence as we face a very difficult year ahead and the earliest we can plan time for ourselves (and possibly a wonderful friend who doesnt mind sleeping on the roll-away) is next December. Thank you in advance for any responses and as always, Smooth Seas and Happy Cruising to Everyone! Thank you!

The newish In Room Dining menu does offer choices from the Pinnacle Grill, and from the Tamarind on the ships that have a Tamarind.  There is an upcharge.  Absolutely your concierge will be happy to make arrangements for the items that are on the In Room Dining menu.  I'm also quite sure they would be happy to attempt to arrange other items if you ask.

We tried to order off the Pinnacle Grill menu by calling Room Service.  We got a flat-out “No” for anything other than what was listed on the room service menu.  We said thank you and hung up.

We then went down to the Neptune Lounge and asked the Concierge.  She took our order, picked up the phone, and our entire meal was delivered as requested.

Lesson learned:  Ask the Concierge for what you want.  They know how to work the system.

Have a wonderful time and I hope your difficult year ahead is not as bad as you anticipate.

Edited by *Miss G*

Also ask the concierge to have the afternoon tea delivered to your room.

As a last resort, there are two items on the room service menu from the PG.  A steak and a lobster.  They can be ordered by anyone in any cabin.

We were in a PS last March and had the steaks.  We were on Rotterdam and there was a full service of china and table wear in the cabin.

We're on Nieuw Amsterdam in a few weeks and fully intend to have both the steak and the lobster.

If the concierge does arrange for other items off the specialty menus, tip them well.

Edited by RocketMan275

Thank you all so much. I’ve learned if you want something just ask, the worst anyone can do is decline! We are very much the kind who don’t expect anything for free and we susbscribe entirely to the idea of “if you can make it happen just add it to our bill” and then ALWAYS tip accordingly! Thank you for the reminder about afternoon tea in suite! I forgot HAL offers that! We do eat rather late and usually skip lunch so that would be a fantastic treat and at just the right time! Thank you all again!

Hadn't thought about ordering from a specialty restaurant to be delivered to our Neptune Suites, so would be interesting to see if we could.  We do have the concierge in the Neptune Lounge place our dinner order for our suite every night except when we eat in the Pinnacle Grill. 

• 1 month later...

We will be sailing on the Koningsdam in a few weeks - but in a VS cabin in the aft - DH and I were wondering how we could get a Pinnacle dinner in our cabin (for the reduced $ rate, of course). If steak and lobster are on the regular room service menu, perhaps there would be a way to get the side dishes as well? Suggestions, ideas fellow cruisers?

1 hour ago, wldflr said:

We will be sailing on the Koningsdam in a few weeks - but in a VS cabin in the aft - DH and I were wondering how we could get a Pinnacle dinner in our cabin (for the reduced $ rate, of course). If steak and lobster are on the regular room service menu, perhaps there would be a way to get the side dishes as well? Suggestions, ideas fellow cruisers?

When ordering from the Room Service menu, PG items come with creamed spinach, whipped potatoes, and sauteed mushrooms.  Here is the current menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Room-Service-and-Breakfast-Card.pdf

We had the pleasure of staying in a Pinnacle Suite on the Eurodam in Dec. We had the afternoon high tea delivered and had two friends join us. What a treat! We know you will LOVE the Pinnacle Suite. Amazing space and you are treated like royalty! 

We accepted an upsell to a Pinnacle last March on Rotterdam Western Caribbean.  It was wonderful.  We had the Pinnacle Grill Room Service items delivered to our suite.  It was great.  There is a dinner table for eight in that suite.  There is also a full service of crystal and dinner ware which we didn't use.  We also had the tea service delivered.  Truly great.

The one thing that was most impressive was boarding.  We arrived prior to HAL starting boarding.  We were in the suites queue.  The lady at the desk saw our reservation and immediately took us out of line and down to the end of the row of check ins.  The process there was quick even for the suites line.  We were sitting in the suites area awaiting boarding when a person came up to us and said "Mr. and Mrs. ___, we are ready to board you now."  We gathered out things and followed her.  She then told those still waiting in the suites area "Your are welcome to follow Mr. and Mrs. ____."  Wife was impressed.

• Like 1