Referral Credit?

Joolsverne

We just referred some friends for a cruise (their first) next year.  However the UK agent has told them that Windstar no longer offer the onboard referral credit for first timers.  Can anyone tell me if this is correct?  I have not heard anything about it.

In May we referred first timers for a cruise 1/5 with us,  as soon as they paid for the cruise (90 ) days ahead we received a notice that our OBC amount of $200 had been added to our account and to theirs. I was under the impression that the referral award had to be with people you referred and were going on the same cruise with you. If it is true that that policy is no more too bad we have brought to WS many people. It is a good feeling, good will gesture. Happy Sailing

Thank you Strenz,!  After posting it occurred to me to check the WS website and the referral credit is still offered on the Yacht Club part of the site.  Good news - but Disappointing that this particular Agent was not very knowledgeable - perhaps she is new.

I did not to think of looking on the website, that is good news that they are still doing the credit. It always amazes me and has since 1999 when we started sailing with WS and we have never cruised with any other company. That the difference on what you receive on the ships is like night and day with Seattle. The ships we have always felt that they bend over backwards to give you correct, accurate, timely  info when needed, Seattle, lovely people, not trained, sometimes not even simple geography, rarely answer emails promptly, never return phone calls. Very strange how the ships can be so great for us, and Seattle enough said! For us 22 cruises and aboutcas perfect as one can get, 23 on 1/5 b2b, can’t wait. Happy Sailing. 

You have hit the nail on the head - it can be like dealing with 2 different companies!  I agree its very strange and we don't understand it at all.  We are looking forward to our 5th WS Cruise in Jan next year, so we are well behind you there!