FCD & Booking Onboard

ClanMcLean

Hi 🙂

Can someone tell me if, when onboard, you can purchase a FCD, then use that FCD to book whilst onboard and also take advantage of the 'Complimentary on board spending of up to $400' offer that Cunard are running at the moment.
I'm looking at a cruise for 2020 which already offers a generous OBC, but wondering if I can combine all the offers together, so we have a very healthy on board account 😄

Oh, and also, when you book onboard and say that you'd like it transferred to your own travel agent, is the price they quote you prior to your agent's discount or does your agent credit you the discount after it's transferred.

Hope all that makes sense 😄
TIA

21 hours ago, ClanMcLean said:

Hi 🙂

Can someone tell me if, when onboard, you can purchase a FCD, then use that FCD to book whilst onboard and also take advantage of the 'Complimentary on board spending of up to $400' offer that Cunard are running at the moment.
I'm looking at a cruise for 2020 which already offers a generous OBC, but wondering if I can combine all the offers together, so we have a very healthy on board account 😄

Oh, and also, when you book onboard and say that you'd like it transferred to your own travel agent, is the price they quote you prior to your agent's discount or does your agent credit you the discount after it's transferred.

Hope all that makes sense 😄
TIA

Providing the fare is not a promotional one, or Late Saver and has not yet been booked.

The fare is priced before any additional Credit your Travel agent may give you. However you have to say at the time of booking that you wish to use your future cruise deposit against your world club number.

This what Cunard say about FCD

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/FCD

It is the same OBC that you will receive on your next cruise whether you purchase the FCD or book next cruise onboard.

But please don't forget to transfer it to your TA for additional OBC and/or their Discount .

I have seen ,on rare occasion ,special , Double the OBC, for booking certain Soft Sailings while onboard .

Cunard Future Cruise OBC's are stackable with Military, Shareholder , Promo and TA OBC's unless booked at a very restricted rate.

Edited by MCC retired

I'll ask when I'm onboard, just so I can report back.
It would be handy to know for the future if you can combine, a FCD (with the extra OBC in offers) plus the offer of extra OBC for booking on board, plus the advertised OBC for the voyage.

1 hour ago, ClanMcLean said:

I'll ask when I'm onboard, just so I can report back.
It would be handy to know for the future if you can combine, a FCD (with the extra OBC in offers) plus the offer of extra OBC for booking on board, plus the advertised OBC for the voyage.

Just returned from QM2 and booked 2 cruises onboard for 2020. The only difference is if you book a FCD it costs £50pp and then when you get home you can book with any TA of your choice where if you book onboard you have to either leave booking in the hands of Cunard or transfer your booking to the TA that you are currently on the cruise with. Amount in OBC varies depending on length of cruise and is added to any OBC already given on the cruise. There is also a special low deposit of £175pp instead of 15%.

Edited by majortom10