Island Tours Pointe-a-Pitre / Guadeloupe

CruisingFox27

We will spend the day in Pointe-a-Pitre / Guadeloupe this month, we hoped to take a taxi from the port and tour the Island for a couple of hours and then spend time at the beach. I thought I'd read a review on here of someone doing the same, it was easy to arrange at the port and reasonably priced. Does anyone else have experience of this and what would the cost be?

A tour company has quoted 95Euro pp to do this, although it included lunch, this seemed excessive. we don't however want to find ourselves unable to tour the area.

• 1 month later...

I posted this previously but we didn't want time on the beach as the island is so beautiful 

I did a private tour in Guadeloupe to the Death in Paradise locations and it was amazing. We toured the island through the rain forest stopping to view the main sights en route to Deshaies. Our guide showed us round the town, pointed out the main spots like Catherine's Bar where we had drinks, the pier from where they film the views of the village, the police station, church etc. We had lots of time in the village. We were shown the hotel which is the location for lots of episodes and also went to the beautiful beach where the inspector's 'shack' is set up when filming is going on. Heaven on earth and we just loved it. The only thing I'd say about the tour was that our guide's car was really too small for her plus 4 passengers. However we only paid $50 I think. Her email is gwadaguide at gmail dot com but she was pregnant in 2017 so I don't know if she'll be available.