Recommendations for Cozumel beach clubs.

ssmea03

Hi folks, we'd like to get recommendations for Cozumel beach clubs. We're 2 middle aged couples, an easy walk or short taxi ride would be ideal, nothing too noisy but with water sports available. 

As much information as you can provide please, whose taxi to look for, value for money, links to TripAdvisor, insider tips, all appreciated. 

Thanks.

The ones Ready mentions are talked about fairly regularly.  We did Playa Mia and it was o.k.  Clean enough, attendants friendly enough.  Drinks your typical bottom shelf not strong.

When we looked here, I looked at many options and Playa Mia was actually cheaper via MSC than going direct.  Plus it included the coach trip there,

23 minutes ago, dexddd said:

The ones Ready mentions are talked about fairly regularly.  We did Playa Mia and it was o.k.  Clean enough, attendants friendly enough.  Drinks your typical bottom shelf not strong.

When we looked here, I looked at many options and Playa Mia was actually cheaper via MSC than going direct.  Plus it included the coach trip there,

We've done Nachi Cocom many times, always an enjoyable beach day.  In fact, it made us look forward to stops in Cozumel again!

Have not done Mr. Sanchos yet, but people seem to really like it there too.  I think our next time in Cozumel, we'll give it a try.  

It seems like the two big favorites are Nachi and Sanchos.

We were at Playa Maya our first time in Cozumel.  We booked it thru RC as a beach break that included lunch.  We'll never go back there again.  Crowded and dirty.  

I have been to Nachi twice and loved it. Limited # of guests, quiet, good food and good service.  It’s probably 15-20 minutes from the cruiseport and taxis have a flat rate. Nachi is all inclusive and you need reservations. The beach chairs and umbrellas are spread out on the beach .

Last time I went to Paradise Beach and while there was a larger crowd of people, it was just as enjoyable. I liked there was a small entrance fee, no reservations required and as long as you spent $10 or $15 for food and drink there was no charge for chairs and umbrella. It was a shorter van ride from the port.  Beach chairs and umbrellas fairly close together.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Neither beaches have good snorkelling. Nachi is more spread out,  Paradise has a ton of inflatables in the beach area (you have to pay extra to use) .

Edited by Janedoe2012

4 minutes ago, Janedoe2012 said:

I have been to Nachi twice and loved it. Limited # of guests, quiet, good food and good service.  It’s probably 15-20 minutes from the cruiseport and taxis have a flat rate. Nachi is all inclusive and you need reservations. The beach chairs and umbrellas are spread out on the beach .

Last time I went to Paradise Beach and while there was a larger crowd of people, it was just as enjoyable. I liked there was a small entrance fee, no reservations required and as long as you spent $10 or $15 for food and drink there was no charge for chairs and umbrella. It was a shorter van ride from the port.  Beach chairs and umbrellas fairly close together.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Neither beaches have good snorkelling. Nachi is more spread out,  Paradise has a ton of inflatables in the beach area (you have to pay extra to use) .

Love Paradise Beach.  

We have been there three times!   Clean, inexpensive, great food, great drinks, staff, service....love it!

For Paradise Beach, I like that you aren’t out any money if you choose not to go if the weather is bad and you can pay ala Carte vs an all inclusive fee.  The pool is much larger then Nachi too and well landscaped around it. There was a taco truck as well as the restaurant area.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g150809-d574699-Reviews-Paradise_Beach-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Cozumel Taxis- The Cozumel cruiseport where MSC docks has a 2 story mall that you have to walk thru in order to exit the port. There’s signs in the mall and a taxi stand is located at the back exit. They will ask where you are going and direct you to a specific cab.  There’s a board at the taxi stand that lists the flat rate to the attractions. 

Edited by Janedoe2012

23 hours ago, jules815 said:

We've done Nachi Cocom many times, always an enjoyable beach day.  In fact, it made us look forward to stops in Cozumel again!

Have not done Mr. Sanchos yet, but people seem to really like it there too.  I think our next time in Cozumel, we'll give it a try.  

It seems like the two big favorites are Nachi and Sanchos.

We were at Playa Maya our first time in Cozumel.  We booked it thru RC as a beach break that included lunch.  We'll never go back there again.  Crowded and dirty.  

I wouldn't say in our case it was really dirty but we have two more stops there in the next couple years so we'll be trying the other places.

• 2 weeks later...

The Money Bar Beach Club was excellent.

Short $12 taxi ride each way (Punta Langosta Pier), for 1 to 4 people. Taxis waiting for the return trip.

No charge to enter or for loungers, just purchase some drinks and/or food (reasonably priced and nachos were huge!!). The waiters were excellent, no hard sell, no vendors.

Quiet location, some water sports rentals, no beach but some very good snorkeling (the snorkel boats come here).

http://www.moneybarbeachclub.com/