YC Drink Package Changes?

marcoigna

41 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Great, thank you!  (I'm familiar with your screen name from the RC forum. )🙂

Have a great time on your cruise.  Which stateroom are you in??

And I remember you from over there!!:classic_smile:

I am in 16034

42 minutes ago, jess_2012#1 said:

We sail Saturday too and I’m not sure what will happen either. We have the deluxe. I want the mini bar and was promised I would still get it.  

I guess I'll see you Saturday!!

I guess i should check in over at the roll call thread. I know the M&Ms are so not my husbands thing so we just make friends on board the old fashioned way!!:classic_biggrin:

and-main thing i wanted was milkshakes and mini bar. hope that is still in the package!!

Edited by Debde

Yeah, I couldn't justify the prices.  We had a decent selection, but I was dreaming about the Premium+ package for YC including the great list in Top Sail that I didn't get the last (three) sailing as a YC Deluxe package. 

2 hours ago, Até said:

I think right there YC lost the Super Premium drinks, bye bye Johnnnie & Remy, unless you buy Premium+.

I remain confident that P+ will be the YC package, we will need to wait see what is reported in the coming weeks! There is nothing for MSC to gain by disenchanting its' highest paying cruisers by denying them 'complimentary' minibar and, for example the lower end of the current 'super premium' annotated on menus as **......I absolutely understand why they might now exclude the high end drinks. The solution may be that within the YC P+ will prevail, and elsewhere on the ship it is simply P. That would seem to me a reasonable compromise and would enable the continuation of the seamless drinks process within YC i.e. no swiping of keycards!.

We have noticed in recent weeks that YC prices have edged upwards....possibly in preparation for the drinks package changes, and to provide P+ drinks. That said, it is poor marketing to exclude gelato which many seem to desire....as for crepes, it seems they have been missing from the old deluxe package as well as YC for some time now.

6 minutes ago, sidari said:

Aurea is now a downgrade with a package that is pointless,

YC prices are ridiculous, Seaside October 2019 over £2,000 pp for 7 nights before any hotels and flights.

Hi Sidari,

the YC prices on MSC USA website have gone up slightly but not significant like in UK. Cruise on Seaside in YC for 7-nights in October 2019 is US-$4,313 incl fees&tax. I booked a Western Med cruise on Bellissima YC in April 2019 for just US-$50pp more compared to last September on Seaview. I am o.k. with the prices but monitor closely the drink package discussion for YC.

29 minutes ago, sidari said:

Aurea is now a downgrade with a package that is pointless,

YC prices are ridiculous, Seaside October 2019 over £2,000 pp for 7 nights before any hotels and flights.

That does seem steep.  We are at $1700 pp  per week in March 2019 in YC1 on Seaside.  The odd thing is in March 2020, we are $1550 pp/pw, for a two-week booking.  I'm glad I committed to 2020 back in July of this year.  It's gone up about 15% as of today.

Edited by JAGR
add

3 hours ago, Debde said:

so, i just got off phone with MSC - USA - she double checked with supervisor - and advised that indeed YC does get

Premium Plus (personally i don't see how they can offer any lower) - - -

so a few days ago, on the msccruisesusa.com website, i did print the description of YC advising that you do get the Premium Plus - which is now changed again online - but i am going to take that print out I did along with the Inclusions for the Premium Plus inclusions - as I am more interested in the 30% off bottles of wine from the wine list... 

i will certainly let everyone know how i make out when i board the Seaside on the 8th of December for 2 weeks...

18 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

so, i just got off phone with MSC - USA - she double checked with supervisor - and advised that indeed YC does get

Premium Plus (personally i don't see how they can offer any lower) - - -

so a few days ago, on the msccruisesusa.com website, i did print the description of YC advising that you do get the Premium Plus - which is now changed again online - but i am going to take that print out I did along with the Inclusions for the Premium Plus inclusions - as I am more interested in the 30% off bottles of wine from the wine list... 

i will certainly let everyone know how i make out when i board the Seaside on the 8th of December for 2 weeks...

Thanks for your efforts!  Have a great cruise!

I will surely check back in here after next week.

this is all I could find on the website:

Unlimited complimentary beverages in all MSC Yacht Club areas, the mini-bar in your suite, and in all bars and restaurants of the ship (according to the drink selections available in the different venues)

thanks marcoigna for making the call.

Edited by Debde

2 hours ago, marcoigna said:

- as I am more interested in the 30% off bottles of wine from the wine list...

I will be interested to hear your answer to this.  Two months ago on Seaside we were told YC no longer got this discount, it was only for the Deluxe package.  It confused me at the time, but since I'm not too picky with wine and we had a good enough selection I didn't press the issue. They did serve our table of four people a bottle of NF Champagne, which I was told was also a gray area, something about it served only in Top Sail lounge.  I did order a special bottle of wine in Butcher's cut, but I can't go back and see if it was discounted.

Sorry to say I think MSC is trying to hold back costs in the YC.  Limiting included or discounted super expensive drinks is a real possibility.  Oh, and $3 gelato.

1 hour ago, Até said:

....They did serve our table of four people a bottle of NF Champagne, which I was told was also a gray area, something about it served only in Top Sail lounge.  I did order a special bottle of wine in Butcher's cut, but I can't go back and see if it was discounted....

On Meraviglia last month we were served NF by the glass in the YC, the bar on the left on deck 6 after exiting the Broadway Theatre, and also in the Champagne Bar on Deck 7. At Butchers' Cut, we were also served NF (a full bottle) but they are located next door to the Champagne Bar. So NF was never a grey area on Meraviglia!

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Kodes ... YC had the Deluxe prior to the changes and as the lists posted on other threads show there were a number of drinks not included which were the very high end drinks. 

Yes, that was our experience...the super premium drinks annotated as ** on the bar menus were chargeable.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Kodes ... YC had the Deluxe prior to the changes and as the lists posted on other threads show there were a number of drinks not included which were the very high end drinks. 

Yes thanks I do understand what was there before, but what I was referring to was that YC doesn't specifically now say that the Premium Plus drink package is included.  In fact your post earlier in this thread says that they now view YC as having no drink package attached, but rather a premium food and beverage experience... so I'm wondering what the advantage is to MSC to not say that YC has "Premium Plus" now. 

16 minutes ago, kodesthemoose said:

Yes thanks I do understand what was there before, but what I was referring to was that YC doesn't specifically now say that the Premium Plus drink package is included.  In fact your post earlier in this thread says that they now view YC as having no drink package attached, but rather a premium food and beverage experience... so I'm wondering what the advantage is to MSC to not say that YC has "Premium Plus" now. 

To be fair, that was the case before the recent package changes. We never read on the MSC website that YC had the deluxe package, but it was clearly understood that is what the YC beverage experience equated to.....and was certainly the case for us on Meraviglia last month.

Edited by hamrag

2 minutes ago, hamrag said:

To be fair, that was the case before the recent package changes. We never read on the MSC website that YC had the deluxe package, but it was clearly understood that is what the YC beverage experience equated to.....and was certainly the case for us on Meraviglia last month.

Too much info floating around, but there actually is a screenshot (maybe from an FB group) where YC was stated to have Premium Plus package, and now that's changed.  

YC Amenities Nov 2018.jpg

YC Nov 20 2018.png

1 hour ago, kodesthemoose said:

Too much info floating around, but there actually is a screenshot (maybe from an FB group) where YC was stated to have Premium Plus package, and now that's changed.  

YC Amenities Nov 2018.jpg

YC Nov 20 2018.png

And thats exactly what i saw as well - and in my prevoius post, i stated that i printed this and am going to travel with this on the ship.     

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

There was one place on the US site that MSC did.  On the second version of the Drink Package Comparison Chart, it came out a couple months ago.  At the header it had Deluxe, then right below in parentheses Yacht Club.

2018 Drink Package Comparison Guide with Drinks On Us - Caribbean Only.pdf

4 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

And thats exactly what i saw as well - and in my prevoius post, i stated that i printed this and am going to travel with this on the ship.     

I planned on re-booking my future YC sailing to get that Premium+ also.  I guess there was too much talk about fully using that unlimited drink price offer.  I honestly think MSC put no forethought into this.  They just wanted to have some reason to increase drink/package prices so just came up with new packages to justify it.  I would have accepted a price increase better than this current mess, but now we have a mess and a price increase.

16 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We sail on Preziosa on Thursday, I'll be ordering a glass of Champagne, a milkshake and have some gelato (not all at the same time) just to see how it goes. The UK site definitely says the mini bar is included so I'm confident that it is, well, almost....

I'm sailing 22nd December on Preziosa (if I'm able to log in the website by then that is) so I'm very much looking forward to hearing how you got on.

Have a great holiday

• Like 1