Allure of the Seas heading for Miami today...

dmwnc1959

7 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Alongside the terminal now. In six months, she heads back to Port Everglades. 

mac_tlc

Been glued to the screen watching the docking. Do you know where it maybe listed the "musical port changes" for the ships?

We have Symphony for next Nov but Harmony for March and Navigator somewhere in between. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

She is too big for the downtown turning basin and will alwyas turn in the basin at Fisher Island where big container ships turn. Same for Symphony.

Are they going to take her down to the turn basis this evening, turn her around, and dock again starboard side?

If so, does anyone know why they did not do that before docking?

11 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Been glued to the screen watching the docking. Do you know where it maybe listed the "musical port changes" for the ships?

We have Symphony for next Nov but Harmony for March and Navigator somewhere in between. Thank you.

I use cruisecal.com to look up ship itineraries. The Oasis class ships are moving around over the next year. 

Now:

Oasis in Port Canaveral

Allure in Miami

Harmony in Port Everglades

Symphony in Miami ( as of this Friday)

As of May 5, 2019:

Oasis to Europe and dry dock

Allure to Port Everglades

Harmony to Port Canaveral

Symphony in Miami

November 2019 through mid April 2020;

Oasis to Miami

Allure in Port Everglades 

Harmony in Port Canaveral

Symphony in Miami

When the 2020-2021 itineraries are released later this year, we will see if they move around again. I would expect it when Allure goes to drydock in summer 2020.

mac_tc 

Edited by mac_tlc

23 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I use cruisecal.com to look up ship itineraries. The Oasis class ships are moving around over the next year. 

Now:

Oasis in Port Canaveral

Allure in Miami

Harmony in Port Everglades

Symphony in Miami ( as of this Friday)

As of May 5, 2019:

Oasis to Europe and dry dock

Allure to Port Everglades

Harmony to Port Canaveral

Symphony in Miami

November 2019 through mid April 2020;

Oasis to Miami

Allure in Port Everglades 

Harmony in Port Canaveral

Symphony in Miami

When the 2020-2021 itineraries are released later this year, we will see if they move around again. I would expect it when Allure goes to drydock in summer 2020.

mac_tc 

Thank you very much. Now we can "semi" plan cause air is always an issue from MSP..

Now I need to find out when Captain Johnny will be on the Harmony. He got back today and a 10 or 11 week off schedule so hard to figure out.  Thank you. (we plan on the Harmony in March depending on daughters work travel also).

Edited by vettprincess
more info

7 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We are on the flip side when Allure returns to port everglades.

Guess I have to wait......................................................

Looking forward to her return to PE so I can sail on her again.

1 hour ago, dmwnc1959 said:

45719814891_0f23205473_c_d.jpg

Love see lot of ships in Port. I remember when the new Sovereign was largest thing in Miami, 30yrs ago nothing else was even close at the time of "The Love Boat" size ships. Back before that Miami would have up to 10 cruise ships in Port same day but they didn't hold a 1/4 passengers they do now. 

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

She is too big for the downtown turning basin and will alwyas turn in the basin at Fisher Island where big container ships turn. Same for Symphony.

check a chart ....

the downtown turning basin is 100 feet larger in diameter than the Fisher Island one ....

Fisher is 1500 feet, downtown aka "main" is 1600

PortMiami Map

you may be confused cuz the area can APPEAR larger when you don't take water depth into account.  I was Captain of the 'big cutter' at the CG base there 97 to 99 ... parking place was just northwest of the Fisher basin

Edited by Capt_BJ

10 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Love see lot of ships in Port. I remember when the new Sovereign was largest thing in Miami, 30yrs ago nothing else was even close at the time of "The Love Boat" size ships. Back before that Miami would have up to 10 cruise ships in Port same day but they didn't hold a 1/4 passengers they do now. 

On Dec. 9th there will be 8 ships in port! I’d love to see a picture of those that will be lined up along the main ship channel.

31 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

On Dec. 9th there will be 8 ships in port! I’d love to see a picture of those that will be lined up along the main ship channel.

Too Cool! Yeah for years was all Miami, then Port Everglades, glad see Miami changing and expanding. I sailed on Sovereign, Grandeur, Enchantment, Voyager and Explorer all their first year all out of Miami...