MSc website

Nick60

Their website has real problems, a complete disaster when trying to book excursions etc. Its been like this since booked cruise a couple of months ago.

Plenty of e.mail launched but no answers, what a shower.

Its terrible.  We booked a cruise last week and I've been trying to log in to book an excursion and it keeps telling me it doesn't work and to call a number.   I have emailed a few times with no response.  We've been on 25 cruises and in this day of modern technology I've never seen anything like this.  

For a few weeks, I have tried off and on to get onto the site. Some of my information is there sometimes and then I have to go around the mulberry bush other times. I have also sent emails and received no responses. I still have six months to go so I am not stressed at this point. Now 4 months from now I think I will have a different take on the situation.

My January 2019, paid for in full, has also disappeared. My Nov 2019 booking is there. I wanted to perhaps book a ship excursion, but can't access the sailing. I guess this experience and my other MSC website woes tells me to book all private excursions.  Sigh.

My advice to you all is hit this two bob outfit in the pocket. You would think that they would put something up online apoligising for their failure to sort out problems they have with the website. Good service should start as soon as we have paid for the cruise , they can go whistle for any service charge once we are on board.

@nick60  . They did not respond to any email you've sent?  The webiste is 1 big  joke, it was impossible for me to check in as the drop down menu which is mandatory only had 1 city in Ireland and not Dublin. . 

But any email i've sent has been responded to very quickly , plus over the phone they've been very helpful. If you ring them they'll book the excursion.

Chris no they have not!  The problems with their website as far  as I understand have be ongoing for the last 2 years. Please do not try to let them off the hook regarding their online presence, it stinks. I will have to ring to book my last excursions , but you must agree an email to every customer explaining and apologising for problems is what a 21st century company should be doing.

If they cannot provide an online service then go tele service only.

Rant over

39 minutes ago, ChrisB66 said:

@nick60  . They did not respond to any email you've sent?  The webiste is 1 big  joke, it was impossible for me to check in as the drop down menu which is mandatory only had 1 city in Ireland and not Dublin. . 

But any email i've sent has been responded to very quickly , plus over the phone they've been very helpful. If you ring them they'll book the excursion.

Website is a mess..    Nothing but glitches..  And once you're booked, balance paid in full, you log in a discover that your trip leaving in 18 days has a new price (higher) and there's a surprise balance of $200 due.. (even after I've done the online check in, and printed my luggage tags) ?  
Been on the phone, and keep being put on hold and moved around.. Nobody knows what they're doing there.  Horrible !

Those of us who are having website problems envy those of you who haven't experienced the stress and wonkiness of their site. I had trouble booking, then my discounts kept "falling off" my reservation, and then I finally had to call and get things straightened out so I could pay before the final payment was due.  Success...Not so fast!

Now, the reservation has disappeared and after about 45 minutes on the phone, the very nice rep put in a request to the tech guys. Now, that referral usually gets things done with other companies, but the MSC tech guys are the ones who manage this awful website.  So, far, no improvement. Don't Italian universities teach technology?

For what it's worth - The German website for MSC is just as bad. I've been cruising with them for about 7 years and the website here has always had problems. Sometimes a few problems and sometimes a lot. I always comment about the poor website they have. Apparently without success.

After multiple attempts to book a cruise over about a month, I finely gave up and went back to Carnival.

I was looking forward to trying MSC and spent a lot of effort to get my status match. But in the end I just cannot except waiting on the phone to make a booking that I most likely will not be able to see online once it has been done. Like someone mentioned earlier, I am taking my money elsewhere. That may be the only thing that forces MSC to get their act together. Hopefully they will and I can try it in the future.

I can get on with my booking number, but there is not much there.  Shore excursions  drink package  etc.

If I sign on with my e-mail and password I only get past cruises.

Any update would be greatly appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bases5 said:

I can get on with my booking number, but there is not much there.  Shore excursions  drink package  etc.

If I sign on with my e-mail and password I only get past cruises.

Any update would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for mentioning this..msc took the ability to login with only a booking number away for several week . .glad to see its back. My cruise doesn't show in my account but shows with the booking number..hopefully it's fully updated soon.