Advice/Questions - Butterfly Fly Farm - Sea Grape Beach

steve712

Our family, wife and I, and two boys 3 and 6, will be on GC next month. Have pretty well locked down going to the Butterfly Farm (Turtle Farm is an outside possibility) and then on to either Sea Grape Beach or the beach next door @ the Courtyard.

A few questions:

- About how long a cab ride is it from the port (we are tendering in off Grandeur of the Seas) to the Butterfly Farm? Approx cab fare for 4??

- Anyone know the admission prices to the Butterfly Farm.

Same questions for the Turtle Farm.

And -

-Are cabs readily available at the Butterfly Farm?

-How about at the Turtle Farm.

Last -

-Anyone have a feel for cab fare from the Butterfly Farm or Turtle Farm to the Sea Grape Beach/Courtyard, and then the fare (for 4) form there on back to the port????

-And finally a "trivia" question. My wife and I were in GC a few years ago and had lunch at a restaurant that fronts the harbor where the tender boats come in. We ate out on the second level over the street that runs along the harbor. They had quite an elaborate bar inside and some really tasty conch fritters. Any ideas as to if this place is still there and it's current name?

Thanks Much!

A few questions:

- About how long a cab ride is it from the port (we are tendering in off Grandeur of the Seas) to the Butterfly Farm? Approx cab fare for 4??

I'd guess about a 5 minute cab ride if there is no traffic. Occasionally there are traffic back-ups, but that is more common for the return to port.

-Are cabs readily available at the Butterfly Farm?

-How about at the Turtle Farm.

Cabs are definitely hanging out at the Turtle Farm waiting for fares. Not so many, if any, will be lined up at the Butterfly Farm. The Butterfly Farm is only about half a block off the main road along Seven Mile Beach. Should be easy enough to flag down transportation there.

[quote-And finally a "trivia" question. My wife and I were in GC a few years ago and had lunch at a restaurant that fronts the harbor where the tender boats come in. We ate out on the second level over the street that runs along the harbor. They had quite an elaborate bar inside and some really tasty conch fritters. Any ideas as to if this place is still there and it's current name?

Thanks Much!

Sounds like the old Landmark pub. You'll now find a restaurant named Breezes by the Bay in that location. The building itself is still called the Landmark Building.

Archived