Butchers cut on Splendida

swanmark

Hi guys we have booked our first cruise on MSC, we are going to Dubai on the Splendida. I have just been looking at a menu for the Butchers Cut Specality Restaurants, and I can’t believe how expensive it is. We have booked the yacht club, I did read somewhere that if your in the yacht club you can order any meal you like even from the speciality restaurant restaurants, is this true or are the specialty restaurants purely payment only. I hope not as they are outrageously expensive

29 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The speciality restaurants are not included, even for YC guests. You can pre purchase a dining package for the speciality restaurants which i believe from comments is very good value, although it's not something we've ever booked. 

I dont think they do the specialty restaurant packages on Splendida

6 hours ago, Até said:

The Tex Mex has been replaced with an Asian Fusion restaurant and there is also now a Butchers Cut. Both were included during the dry dock refit in November/December 2017 as Splendida was prepared for the Asian market.

9 hours ago, kevinrobedm said:

We are booked on the Splendida in March 2019.  The website states there are no specialty restaurants on the Splendida.  When logged into our booking there is no option for specialty restaurants either.  

There are 2 specialty restaurants on Splendida, the butchers cut and the other one I cant remember, did you know that it was refurbished earlier this year, because of the Chinese market. 

I did know that it was refurbished but one would think the MSC website would reflect this under dining options for that ship.  Maybe they are just slow to get that updated.

Hopefully this means we will get the option to purchase a dining package.

32 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I'm surprised that you do not already have the option, when I access our upcoming booking on Preziosa I have the option to pre book for the specialty restaurants or a dining package.

There is no option on Splendida which is strange

We are going on the MSC Seaview in less than 2 weeks and I was able to book the specialty restaurants 24 hours after I made the booking so I am not sure why we can't for the Splendida.

I know they have been lots of issues with the website and/or maybe they just haven't got around to putting the option there, if it is available.

5 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The Tex Mex has been replaced with an Asian Fusion restaurant and there is also now a Butchers Cut. Both were included during the dry dock refit in November/December 2017 as Splendida was prepared for the Asian market.

Thanks, I forgot about that.  Current Divina sailings have not had multiple meal dining packages offered.  Two, three or four meal packages were available last year.  Only individual Galaxy or Eataly Marketplace single experience meals are currently offered online.  Perhaps a trend on the Fantasia ships?

If I understand correctly, it seems that in a recent refit they did install a Butcher's Cut on Splendida. What is certain is that the website description of the ship fails to mention that. Also, the last time I was able to access our booking on Splendida for January 2019, there were no dining packages being offered. Who knows what the current situation is as my booking record has once again replaced my future cruise with our previous one! Will they ever get this website working correctly? 

Meanwhile, does anyone have the current menu for Butcher's Cut on Splendida please? 

Edited by Smurf2017