New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

Just read about this.  I'm don't think it's anything I would use.  $24.99 per person and everyone over the age of 6 must purchase it.  What are your thoughts on this program?

The Key provides:

• Carry-on luggage service offering drop off at the Theater (until 1:30 PM) and delivery to your stateroom (Up to 2 bags per guest)
  • Private lunch at Chops Grille on boarding day from 11:30 AM until 1:30 PM - this does not need to be reserved, as the dining team will be expecting guests who’ve purchased The Key package
  • Daily private hours at signature attractions like the FlowRider, Rock Climbing wall, and ice-skating rink
  • Priority tender service from cruise ship to shore
  • Access to the VIP seating at shows (reservations required through the Pre-Cruise Planner)
  • Complimentary VOOM Surf & Stream (1 device)
  • Choice debarkation with an exclusive à la carte breakfast beginning at 6:30 AM until 9:30 AM
  •  
  • From what we understand, this is a pilot program and whether or not it rolls out to other ships and sailings depends on how well the program is received and performs.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Gotta give RCI props - they try a lot of different ways to separate you from your money.

That was kind of my take on it as well.  Sort of a new "cash grab".  An additional $700 for a family of 4.   Or perhaps a new way to create a class system among the guests?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Not having a suite for my anthem cruise in 5 days (due to fact i booked under 60 days out)  I would be interested in this, it would be like getting partial suite perks for a nominal fee. There would have to be a strict limit. Chops can hold only so many

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

That was kind of my take on it as well.  Sort of a new "cash grab".  An additional $700 for a family of 4.   Or perhaps a new way to create a class system among the guests?

Where did it say $24.00 PP per day ? Those perks certainly not worth and additional $700.00

Edited by NYcruzzer
  • Like 2

Here is the quote:  "The Key is being tested out on Liberty of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas for sailings beginning November 25, 2018 through the end of March 2019. The Key will be available only in the Cruise Planner for purchase at a rate of $24.99 per person, per day.  All guests in a stateroom age 6 and up must purchase in order to receive benefits."

The cost is per person  per day . I could still see a lot of people participating, especially those who want some extra perks without the suite prices. 

Also includes 1 device w/ Surf and Stream so if you're paying for that anyway, the cost isn't unreasonable. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 3

Seems completely unreasonable and a terrible deal. Most people who book a balcony and probably even an Oceanview for that money could just book a Junior suite. I would rather take that money and get a better cabin or room category. This seems like a suckers deal, sorry.

• Like 2

So $175 a person. With the internet part being between $85-100 of that. Plus $25 for the Chops lunch. With $50-65 left over for the other perks. Doesn't seem that outrageous if you were going to get internet anyways. Though if there's 200 people all trying to get the private hours and Flow Rider it's not much of a perk. 

But the numbers are totally different if you weren't planning on buying internet for everyone in your cabin. 

• Thanks 1

Wow - sure don’t see this as a great deal at all. I just stopped at the first item. The reason I have items in a carryon is because I don’t want them leaving my possession. Is lunch in Chops every day or just once? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Though if there's 200 people all trying to get the private hours and Flow Rider it's not much of a perk. 

That's the thing, if I knew there would be not much of a crowd, the Flowrider perk might be worth it.

Biker, who wonders if like the Deluxe drink package, the second person could beg off from buying (as of now not needed as the Planner does not force both to buy).

Edited by Biker19

44 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

I would hope it's just $24.95pp for whole cruise and not per day. I'd pay $100 for it on a cruise with tender ports.

11 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Seems completely unreasonable and a terrible deal. Most people who book a balcony and probably even an Oceanview for that money could just book a Junior suite. I would rather take that money and get a better cabin or room category. This seems like a suckers deal, sorry.

Not worth on a pp/pd of $24.95.  I use only one internet package every cruise and get 2 days of free internet per D+ member.

• Like 1

Negative for me as well but I usually book a suite.  

On the Carnival board many people said they would not buy the faster to fun pass but it sells out every cruise.  After it sells out I’ve read of people stalking the website just to see if it becomes available again.  

I’m pretty sure this will be the same. 

Too expensive for us, especially since they aren't benefits we would care much about. I'd consider something like that for a flat fee, but when you multiply it by 5 people over 7-14 days it really adds up. I'd rather spend the money on other things.

• Like 1