New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

I wonder if prices will fluctuate like other items you can pre-purchase via the cruise planner. I might bite if it dropped to $19.95/person/day, especially on a sailing with one or more tender ports.  

Edited by LisaLisa87

3 hours ago, gelli8112 said:

At the price they are charging, it will probably be cheaper to upgrade to the suite.  

Aren't these the same perks that someone stated were taken away from D and D+ earlier today.  

So, Royal took the perks from those loyal to royal and are selling them back to them for a nominal fee.

It's a pass for me.  Happy Cruising.  

See the value in it, would possibly consider it if I wanted extra FlowRider time.  WIth  VOOM and Chops  if Im cruising in an OV the extra is way less than going into a suite.  Not sure I would do it.  BUT is an option I would mull over.  

3 hours ago, gelli8112 said:

Just a thought, if you were to buy the ultimate dining package and The Key how much more you are paying for ‘enhancement’ of things that are essentially mostly included in the basic cruise price.

Its probabably a 20% uplift on the original price (just a guess and obviously dependent on a number of factors). 

Very clever by Royal and I wouldn’t be surprised to see this rolled out across the fleet.

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Gotta give RCI props - they try a lot of different ways to separate you from your money.

That is about all it is.

I cannot see paying for this. Gotta love the priority tender service, and one of the two ships they are testing it on is Oasis. HA!! As far as seating for shows, my opinion is the VIP section does not have great seats. There are much better seats available, that are usually available even 15 minutes before curtain. 

Private hours at FlowRider, Ice Rink, and rock climbing wall? Oh yeah.. with everyone else that bought the package. Not so private.

To those that buy this package.. enjoy! 😀

I'm liking this direction.  It's one of the things I love about Carnival with the FTTF program.  It's nice to be able to get priority without having to spend a ton on upgrading to a suite.  For me, I'd like to see some additional features on Royals program before I'd consider it.  Priority guest services.  Priority embarkation with room ready upon boarding.  Both of which Carnival gives you in the cheaper FTTF.  I feel like with Royals program, you are basically paying for VIP seating at shows and Flowrider and that's not enough to justify the price for me.

18 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Just read about this.  I'm don't think it's anything I would use.  $24.99 per person and everyone over the age of 6 must purchase it.  What are your thoughts on this program?

The Key provides:

• Carry-on luggage service offering drop off at the Theater (until 1:30 PM) and delivery to your stateroom (Up to 2 bags per guest)
  • Private lunch at Chops Grille on boarding day from 11:30 AM until 1:30 PM - this does not need to be reserved, as the dining team will be expecting guests who’ve purchased The Key package  Might be worth it if it were for all days and not just embarkation.
  • Daily private hours at signature attractions like the FlowRider, Rock Climbing wall, and ice-skating rink
  • Priority tender service from cruise ship to shore
  • Access to the VIP seating at shows (reservations required through the Pre-Cruise Planner)
  • Complimentary VOOM Surf & Stream (1 device)  Not worth it for one device
  • Choice debarkation with an exclusive à la carte breakfast beginning at 6:30 AM until 9:30 AM This is just stupid. How much different can they prepare breakfast. Also it's in their best interest to have the ship turned over as fast as they can. Leave it to the marketing department to entice people to pay to leave the ship. 
  •  

This is a lot of money for a lot of stuff that doesn't cost the cruise line any money.  

Edited by Iamcruzin

I would not pay for this. There is nothing listed there thar remotely interests me, let alone pay $25 per day per person for it. Hopefully most won't purchase it either. As someone said, it will an unnecessary "class" system. Also, these benefits have to come from somewhere, less seating in Theatre, less time and more waiting for activities. IMHO it's completely unnecessary. 

18 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

I would not pay for this. There is nothing listed there thar remotely interests me, let alone pay $25 per day per person for it. Hopefully most won't purchase it either. As someone said, it will an unnecessary "class" system. Also, these benefits have to come from somewhere, less seating in Theatre, less time and more waiting for activities. IMHO it's completely unnecessary. 

They already section off theater seating and the activities are not open 24 hours anyways.  So opening during an off hour makes no difference.  It appears the benefits don't actually have to "come from somewhere" at all and not at the expense of others.

15 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Hmm I wonder when these "private hours" are.  Midnight?  6am?

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

the Flowrider perk might be worth it.

Agreeing with you Time4u2go.  Who knows when it will be offered - super early, dinner time, port days, or late night????

It says private time at the different spots/locations.  It doesn't say daily private time at each location, or if it is private time rotating to one select spot each day.  For example; Flowriding Sunday and Wednesday, Zip Line Monday and Thursday, Rock wall etc...

For some reason I tend to think that is how it will end up. 

18 hours ago, BigHouseFootball said:

Yeah count me out as well. Just too expensive on top of an already expensive vacation. 

Well I knew Frugal Husband wouldn't be buying into this but that just makes you Smart Husband.

Edited by Iamcruzin