New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

13 minutes ago, Grenouille21 said:

I don't blame you at all for not wanting to cut in front of children!  I wouldn't be able to do that, either.  My 13yo son wouldn't do it either, so we never got to use the "priority access" to the Flowrider.  

my 14 and 11 yr old won't do it either. bummer.

• Like 1

I would be very curious to hear if the key really allows people to jump the line at any time and get the same privilege as the Star class for the Florider. I understand people want privileges If they buy the key. But based on how many keys it seems RC is selling allowing this would IMO create a lot of unhappy riders and further dilute the value of any suite outside of star class. 

Only one of our kids still enjoys the florider, and it often already is such a long wait. If this is really a thing it would make more sense to me to just buy a couple private/semi-private sessions and avoid all the drama. Although times for those are pretty limited as well.  

Edited by cindivan
  • Like 1

Hello everyone. Two questions-where do you find your options for dining on the cruise planner? I’ve seen mention of it but can’t find it. Second, does any have recent information about key embarkation specifically for mariner? I bought it for my elderly mother and want to able to help navigate the process. Thank you. 

43 minutes ago, Jerseygirl2624 said:

Hello everyone. Two questions-where do you find your options for dining on the cruise planner? I’ve seen mention of it but can’t find it. Second, does any have recent information about key embarkation specifically for mariner? I bought it for my elderly mother and want to able to help navigate the process. Thank you. 

I find dining under the "Dining & Beverage" section.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I find dining under the "Dining & Beverage" section.

I’m sorry. I should have been clearer. I meant when and how do you choose the Key lunch prior to boarding. I’ve seen some posters write they were able to make a choice between Chops and Jamie’s prior to boarding via the cruise planner.

But when I went on my mother’s planner, the Key symbol is on her sailing pass but there was no mention of benefits or option to choose anything. If we just pick when she gets on board, that’s fine.

Just wanted to know, for the Mariner specifically, if anyone had any Key experience within the past 2-3 weeks. If so, I wanted to know some things like did they get a pre arrival email; do they have their own line , check in counter, welcome center, etc in port carnaval. She’s older so don’t care about the activities. Just the luck and priority boarding and luggage drop off for the mariner. 

I’ve read the Key review thread and many pages of this thread. However, everyone’s experience seems consistently inconsistent and Royal’s rules seem vary with the breeze.  it’s hard to discern the process by what I’ve read. Thanks in advance. 

54 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

And it could change some more by the time you get on board. 

LOl. Good point. Since my anxiety is getting the best of me, I’ll just call the guest line  in hopes of getting a clear answer. I’ll be sure to post an update if I get anything concrete and I’ll post a review next week about the experience. 

6 hours ago, Jerseygirl2624 said:

I’m sorry. I should have been clearer. I meant when and how do you choose the Key lunch prior to boarding. I’ve seen some posters write they were able to make a choice between Chops and Jamie’s prior to boarding via the cruise planner.

But when I went on my mother’s planner, the Key symbol is on her sailing pass but there was no mention of benefits or option to choose anything. If we just pick when she gets on board, that’s fine.

Just wanted to know, for the Mariner specifically, if anyone had any Key experience within the past 2-3 weeks. If so, I wanted to know some things like did they get a pre arrival email; do they have their own line , check in counter, welcome center, etc in port carnaval. She’s older so don’t care about the activities. Just the luck and priority boarding and luggage drop off for the mariner. 

I’ve read the Key review thread and many pages of this thread. However, everyone’s experience seems consistently inconsistent and Royal’s rules seem vary with the breeze.  it’s hard to discern the process by what I’ve read. Thanks in advance. 

I was on Mariner at the end of April while it was in Miami so can not address the Port Canaveral questions the other questions no problem. In Miami it is so streamlined there is no benefit.

No pre arrival email. 

Lunch was in Chops.  Jamies was open but not for folks with the Key.  It was only for folks who wanted to pay or had the UDP. If you don't want to stand in line for a fair while for lunch eat early.  We arrived at Chops at 1130 and were seated right away.  When we left at 1240 there was about a 20 person line at the door.

Carry on drop off was allegedly at the theatre but when I went there at about 1045am there was no one there.  Later when I was passing GS at about 115pm and they weren't busy I said something about that to them and they told me carry on drop off was from 1130 to 1.  I asked why they would offer priority embarkation that gets you onto the ship as early as 1030 and limit the carry on drop off to 1130 to 1?  They just stood there with a dumb look on their face.

When cabins were available at 130 pm there was a letter with everything Key related inside it.  Wifi code, activity hours etc...

Ice show had nice seats reserved for Key folks right in the centre of the left side as you enter the rink. They were reserved until about 5 minutes before showtime

Good luck with it.  I won't be purchasing it again until I start reading some level of consistency of experience across the fleet and the more favorable separate activities hours that don't require that I step in front of a 13 yr old girl and look like an ogre.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jerseygirl2624 said:

LOl. Good point. Since my anxiety is getting the best of me, I’ll just call the guest line  in hopes of getting a clear answer. I’ll be sure to post an update if I get anything concrete and I’ll post a review next week about the experience. 

The answers you get on this forum will be far more accurate than what a CS rep will tell you over the phone.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I was on Mariner at the end of April while it was in Miami so can not address the Port Canaveral questions the other questions no problem. In Miami it is so streamlined there is no benefit.

No pre arrival email. 

Lunch was in Chops.  Jamies was open but not for folks with the Key.  It was only for folks who wanted to pay or had the UDP. If you don't want to stand in line for a fair while for lunch eat early.  We arrived at Chops at 1130 and were seated right away.  When we left at 1240 there was about a 20 person line at the door.

Carry on drop off was allegedly at the theatre but when I went there at about 1045am there was no one there.  Later when I was passing GS at about 115pm and they weren't busy I said something about that to them and they told me carry on drop off was from 1130 to 1.  I asked why they would offer priority embarkation that gets you onto the ship as early as 1030 and limit the carry on drop off to 1130 to 1?  They just stood there with a dumb look on their face.

When cabins were available at 130 pm there was a letter with everything Key related inside it.  Wifi code, activity hours etc...

Ice show had nice seats reserved for Key folks right in the centre of the left side as you enter the rink. They were reserved until about 5 minutes before showtime

Good luck with it.  I won't be purchasing it again until I start reading some level of consistency of experience across the fleet and the more favorable separate activities hours that don't require that I step in front of a 13 yr old girl and look like an ogre.

Thank you. I’m in a suite so I didn’t get the key. But I bought it for my mom because she has mobility issues. I’m hoping the priority embarkation will give her a smooth first day. 

3 hours ago, Jerseygirl2624 said:

Since my anxiety is getting the best of me, I’ll just call the guest line  in hopes of getting a clear answer. 

Don't do that - if you want to calm your anxiety.

My advice, cancel Key and pretend it doesn't exist - you know, like just over 6 months ago.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, norway olin said:

I bought the Key months ago (at $19.95) but it does not show on the setsail pass.  But I curious what "CHOICE" means, I had not noticed it before

setsail.JPG

We have purchased for 6 people in 2 rooms and it only showed the key symbol on 3 out of the 6 set sail passes, When I contacted RCCL they said that was normal to happen.

45 minutes ago, BLAMBKY said:

Where do you buy “The Key”? Does it show up randomly or is it so many days before your cruise? I am kicking it around for my Jan. cruise but I am not seeing it yet.

It's under the "internet and more" tab on my Cruise Planner.

Just back from Harmony of the Seas 5/12 - 5/19. I received a "The Key" evaluation questionnaire at the end of the cruise. One of the questions was about the Day 1 12 noon  early room access. 

I never got early access, no-one I spoke to got early access to their rooms. I never heard of early room access. But it was on the questionnaire. I'm wondering if they are planning this for the future or if it's an unannounced "Key" benefit.