New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

2 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Still $19.99 for Indy next month - I wonder if they've added additional features on the Oasis Class ships that drove up the price?  I don't see many people biting at that price - we splurged to try in on Indy even though just a couple features appealed to us and it's a shorter cruise but I never would have looked for $31.99/day!

Not according to the details and terms, which haven't changed.

People on these boards were saying they wanted to see two price points as the Key on the Oasis class ships has more value.  Maybe this actually is Royal's response 31.99 for Oasis class and 19.99 for other ships?

This is a shame, I'm glad I have it for our Symphony cruise in November and wanted it for Europe on the Allure in 2020.  We won't purchase at a higher rate though.

Edited by RG306
  • Like 1

Wow, that's quite the increase.  We have it for our May sailing on Allure.  It had been priced at $24.99 and I didn't think it was worth it, but when it went 'on sale' for $19.99, I took the bait and felt it was worth it for what we wanted to do on the ship.  $31.99.  No way.  

It's still 19.99 for our Brilliance Cruise (which we paid for it b/c its only 2 of us in the cabin and we were going to get internet for each of us anyway so this get's us a nice embarkation lunch and takes our bags away from us and get us priority seating for shows!) and still 19.99 for our Navigator Cruise which is my whole family so 5 of us so we would have to pay for it for 4 people not going to get it on that cruise unless we fall in love with it on Brilliance....not sure why the hike in price for the mega ships!

31.99! Yikes. 19.99 seems so worth it now. 

12 February 2019 oasis of the seas key Flowrider update. At sea day. 

Key flowrider was 8am-9am today. I stupidly thought it was 9-10.  We realize our mistake shortly after 8 and headed over around 8:30. There were 4 key people already there. With us that made the same 6 from yesterday. I asked and verified that the two guys who split had gone to the other side since there was a short line at stand up. 

Today at 8 only one side was operating, with general hours starting at 9. Turns out being late worked out for us because at 9 am all the other key people switched to the stand up side because they don’t do the boogie boarding. So at 9 there were two key people (us) and one other non key. So for a while it was just the three of us, which was better than the 6 we had during our key time. 

At some point 9:20-9:30ish. A bunch of people showed up making the line jump to over ten. We left at that point satisfied with the day’s Flowrider.   As we left we looked at the stand up side and there weren’t many people there. No discernible line but at least two since we recognized two key people. Certainly not more than four though. 

I would say that key for Flowrider was “not worth it” today. Though that would depend on your goals (and apparently the price if they are changing the cost). For the hardcore riders the key today represented an additional hour that does not exist for anyone else. (Yesterday standup was open during the key hour for all guests) So if you plan to spend all day on Flowrider that is an extra hour. For those, like us, that just plan to Flowrider for an hour to two hours. It doesn’t represent that much of a benefit, especially with the early time slot. 

In in other news, there were zero people at the key Rock climbing yesterday. I can see the wall from my balcony. I would also note that rock climbing hasn’t been too popular generally. I will try rock wall later today during key time. 

Edited by Orsino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s 31$ on my symphony cruise now - it had sold out originally, then went available again when the show booking wasn’t included and then went sold out again about a week after that (that’s when I purchased)....it’s still sold out and I suspect no one will drop it now unless they are really sure it’s staying dropped...

I wonder if the mega ships are more because there are more shows? Or more activity blocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still shows the same price on our Mariner cruise in April and our Adventure cruise in December (19.99).  We've purchased it for the cruise on Mariner.  I was waiting to see how we liked it before I decided to pull the trigger on Adventure. Hopefully there is no price increase.

Edited by Tree_skier

1 minute ago, Cel_cruise said:

It’s 31$ on my symphony cruise now - it had sold out originally, then went available again when the show booking wasn’t included and then went sold out again about a week after that (that’s when I purchased)....it’s still sold out and I suspect no one will drop it now unless they are really sure it’s staying dropped...

I wonder if the mega ships are more because there are more shows? Or more activity blocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the price increase is just Royal testing to see what the market will bear.

• Like 1

Ok so its pretty clear to me that they must have upped the price for Oasis ships to 31.99. Literally yesterday it was 19.99 and I could shoot myself for not booking it then. We just still were not sure and then this morning decided to pull the trigger. Now this! What a bummer. I will not book at 31.99 it does not have the value to us for that price. 

13 minutes ago, Orsino said:

31.99! Yikes. 19.99 seems so worth it now. 

⬆️⬆️⬆️  DING DING DING DING DING!!!

1) Create hype and excitement by raising the price. Some people will still buy.

2) Create false sales and lower the cost back to the original price. People will think they're getting a GREAT deal and jump on it, feeling so good about themselves for not paying "so much!"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RadioPeri said:

2) Create false sales and lower the cost back to the original price. People will think they're getting a GREAT deal and jump on it, feeling so good about themselves for not paying "so much!"

They already had that - the "list" price was $25 and virtually everyone got it on "sale" at 20% off - they simply moved the list price up to $32. It will be interesting how much of a sale they'll have - I'm guessing 25% off - it's an even $8 off arriving at the final price of $24.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They already had that - the "list" price was $25 and virtually everyone got it on "sale" at 20% off - they simply moved the list price up to $32. It will be interesting how much of a sale they'll have - I'm guessing 25% off - it's an even $8 off arriving at the final price of $24.

I agree, I think that is probably the plan. That gets them back to close to the original price they floated out there at the launch of this option.  

1 hour ago, Alzaman said:

Wow I just checked for our cruise my wife and I are taking on the Anthem Oct 24.  We purchased the key at 19.99 and it has gone up to 31.99.  I am glad we acted early.

It has increased to $31.99 for me on Ovation Transpacific Sydney to Honolulu portion.  That would be a lot less enticing to me.  Feeling that they are looking for the sweet spot on pricing, and I am glad I already booked it.

jc

Our 2/23 Anthem sailing has gone up to $31.99 as well (with no change in perks). Glad I got it when it was $19.99 because I don't know if the value would be there for us at $31.99. At $19.99 it was literally only like $30 more for the week than just internet, which we would have been purchasing anyway.