Star Pride - bad? Single traveling

Luv my furbaby

29 minutes ago, Grayboots said:

I am also scheduled to be on the Star Pride at the end of May.  I looked at her schedule and it looks like there is a gap in the schedule in Lisbon from April 1-12.  So I am guessing she would be in dry dock during that time?  Correct me if I am wrong.  I have no idea what is being done while she is is dry dock though. 

I think they have usually done the dry docks near Lisbon so if there is a gap in the schedule at Lisbon, it's pretty likely for a dry dock.

We got off Windsurf a week ago and they did a presentation on the refurbs planned for Pride, Breeze and Legend.  It is a complete makeover with new everything, including bathrooms.   Windstar are spending millions on this and they will also 'stretch' the ships to make them larger by adding 100 guest rooms with balconies.  The pool will be larger and there will be a new outdoor dining venue.  The makeover sounds amazing but we are hoping that increasing the size doesn't spoil them as we really enjoyed sailing on Legend a few years ago.   Refits will take place in Italy.

The refits are scheduled to begin from October this year and should be complete by Nov/Dec 2020.  I can't remember which ship is going first.    We are looking forward to trying them out. 

While on this topic and for those thinking of booking Windsurf,  I was told that she is scheduled for a drydock and what was described as an 'upgrade'  later this year, I think they said May, but check the date beforehand if it is important to you.

1 hour ago, Joolsverne said:

We got off Windsurf a week ago and they did a presentation on the refurbs planned for Pride, Breeze and Legend.  It is a complete makeover with new everything, including bathrooms.   Windstar are spending millions on this and they will also 'stretch' the ships to make them larger by adding 100 guest rooms with balconies.  The pool will be larger and there will be a new outdoor dining venue.  The makeover sounds amazing but we are hoping that increasing the size doesn't spoil them as we really enjoyed sailing on Legend a few years ago.   Refits will take place in Italy.

The refits are scheduled to begin from October this year and should be complete by Nov/Dec 2020.  I can't remember which ship is going first.    We are looking forward to trying them out. 

While on this topic and for those thinking of booking Windsurf,  I was told that she is scheduled for a drydock and what was described as an 'upgrade'  later this year, I think they said May, but check the date beforehand if it is important to you.

They are adding 50 staterooms, not 100.  It will increase the capacity by 100 passengers, not 200.

Mostly, the proposed plans sound pretty positive. I like that they will be replacing the engines and generators with new, more energy-efficient ones and will pick up a bit of speed. Increased deck space and a new dining option will be nice. New tenders will be good as the existing ones are showing their age and on our Alaska Star Legend cruise, the sky light dripped on rainy days. 

~ 300 passengers is still an acceptable small ship size. It's about what Wind Surf carries and that ship is quite pleasant. 

The one thing I'm concerned about is the capacity of the Yacht Club. On cold weather cruises, especially scenic cruising days, the Yacht Club already can get pretty crowded with the current ~200 passengers. The descriptions don't mention anything that clearly will add additional inside viewing space for those cold weather cruises. I hope they have some plan for increasing the inside viewing lounge space.

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2019 at 7:24 PM, Grayboots said:

I am also scheduled to be on the Star Pride at the end of May.  I looked at her schedule and it looks like there is a gap in the schedule in Lisbon from April 1-12. So I am guessing she would be in dry dock during that time?Correct me if I am wrong.  I have no idea what is being done while she is is dry dock though.

Looks like Star Pride is now in dry dock in Cadiz.