Holiday decorations?

true45

we were on Dec 2nd cruise last year & they started the decorating  during  the week   so maybe  near the end of your cruise  MAYBE

The stores here are already  decorating  ..way to early  IMO

As LHT28 said, a definite "maybe".  If I were guessing I would guess "no" but I don't really know!

On a Dec 1-16th (ish, iirc) 2014 SA cruise, decorations went up just before we disembarked (1 or 2 days, perhaps - iirc). I had a hunch that they had planned to decorate on changeover day (as we were departing) but started early - not sure how good a hunch that was.

On a Dec 16-23rd 2017 Caribbean cruise, decorations were up - don't remember if it decorating occurred during the cruise or if they were up when we boarded.

I assume if your itinerary is marketed as "Holiday" you will definitely see decorations, and otherwise not so much.  Based on our experience, around the 15th of December is decorating time.  My opinion is that O's decorations are nice but not super-pervasive, so it's not like going to NYC but missing the Rockefeller Center tree by a day or something.

Edited by babysteps

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

we were on Dec 2nd cruise last year & they started the decorating  during  the week   so maybe  near the end of your cruise  MAYBE

The stores here are already  decorating  ..way to early  IMO

I'm with you, lets have Thanksgiving first, oh wait Canadians have already had theirs. Nevermind

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2018 at 5:36 PM, sitraveler said:

Left the Marina yesterday.   There were some decorations, but the atrium had a huge curtain for the last week. "under construction"  We didn't get to see the finished result.

Sometimes, those displays requireb_182637.jpg a little "getting done"