Will more double-occupancy cabins open?

HMY624

We are booked on the Paradise in March. We have 6 in our family and had to book two 3-person cabins because they would not allow us to book 2 people in any cabin that had room for more. I am constantly checking to see if any 2-person cabins open up but right now the only thing available is on the Riviera deck (not my preference) and no where near an available 4-person cabin. Does anyone have any insight into when (if ever) Carnival either opens up more cabins for a sailing, or allows cabins with the capability of holding more than 2 to be booked as only double-occupancy? I've NEVER had a problem booking a 2 person cabin! TIA

11 hours ago, HMY624 said:

We booked ourselves online then transferred to a travel agent to get some perks- I will call Carnival directly and ask directly. 

Carnival will not talk with you since you have an agent.   Is your cruise soon?  Go online and make a booking to see what is available.  Paradise is a ship that is grandfathered that allows rollaways.   are you cabins for 2 people each and they bring in a roll away

• 4 weeks later...

We are having a similar problem trying to find a cabin for 3.  We booked today, but aren’t thrilled with the location.  The agent told us to check back about a week before final payment to see if there are more options for us, since people will make their cancellations around then.

I am keeping my fingers & toes crossed.

On 11/6/2018 at 3:47 PM, HMY624 said:

We are booked on the Paradise in March. We have 6 in our family and had to book two 3-person cabins because they would not allow us to book 2 people in any cabin that had room for more. I am constantly checking to see if any 2-person cabins open up but right now the only thing available is on the Riviera deck (not my preference) and no where near an available 4-person cabin. Does anyone have any insight into when (if ever) Carnival either opens up more cabins for a sailing, or allows cabins with the capability of holding more than 2 to be booked as only double-occupancy? I've NEVER had a problem booking a 2 person cabin! TIA

I am confused. Are you saying you couldn't book 3 cabins because you only had 6 people? I've never run into that. I know balcony cabins will hold 3 but we always just have 2 in each. Maybe because it is March?  But then if they put 3 in every cabin that holds 3 wouldn't they run into problems with the max number of pax in the sailing?  Hope you are able to get what you want after final payment.

We were trying to book a 2 person and 4 person cabin. I have since changed our reservation to a single person in a balcony cabin and 5 in an inside across the hall- again because they wouldn’t let me book 4 in that inside cabin because it can hold 5. It’s crazy! So right now I’m paying for an extra person but hoping I can move one person to the balcony cabin once the final payment date comes closer so I can save the extra $180. Our TA said Carnival is the only line that won’t let you book less than “max capacity” in their cabins lately. 

• Like 1

Ive seen Carnival offer 3/4 person cabins to a double booking many times. The most recent was the Dream 2/10/19 sailing and we were booking at the beginning of October. There were 6ish deck 11 spa balconies left and 2 of them were quads. All 6 were offered as choices when booking this double. We didnt choose a 4p cabin because we didnt want them to possibly get bumped to a different cabin, but the choice was available.

Had the same thing happen with Panorama.  It said there were no inside Havana cabins when I was trying to book for two people.  When I changed to a 3 person booking, inside Havanas became available.  My PVP couldn't override it (although he is not the sharpest tool in the shed anyway).

I am sorry but that is not just carnival.  Princess and Royal doesnt allow that either.

March is prime time spring break   so no cruise line is going to tie up a cabin for 4 people with only 2 persons booked.   (thats lost revenue to the cruise lines.

you must be looking at a short cruise because most of the older ships are grandfathered in for a roll away.   Which is very small for any teen or adults.    5 people in an inside cabin is a nightmare-- -been there done that

What I dont understand is how come you put one person in a balcony and 5 people in the inside?   that one person is paying double cruise fare

On 11/6/2018 at 8:55 PM, HMY624 said:

Just called- they have the same cabins as are available online. Grr!!!

Thats not true./    Online they will only show 5-7 available cabins.  Calling they can see more available.   Call again to get another agent who wants to do the job they were hired to do   Give me a date and Ill look to see whats available

7 hours ago, serene56 said:

I am sorry but that is not just carnival.  Princess and Royal doesnt allow that either.

March is prime time spring break   so no cruise line is going to tie up a cabin for 4 people with only 2 persons booked.   (thats lost revenue to the cruise lines.

you must be looking at a short cruise because most of the older ships are grandfathered in for a roll away.   Which is very small for any teen or adults.    5 people in an inside cabin is a nightmare-- -been there done that

What I dont understand is how come you put one person in a balcony and 5 people in the inside?   that one person is paying double cruise fare

We booked 5 and 1 because there was a balcony cabin available with an inside right across the hall (and I was willing to suck up the extra $180 I would be paying if they wouldn’t let us move) we have since been able to move one more person into the balcony cabin so now we have what we want- 4 inside and 2 in the balcony- but it was such a mess to even get to where we are right now. Just glad it’s done!