Just Returned - Sea Princess - Around Australia

diane.in.ny

We returned on 10/29 and had a great trip. I am working on getting my trip report and pictures together to post to my travel blog.

In the meantime, if anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Our ports of call were:

Sydney

Melbourne

Burnie

Hobart

Albany

Margaret River (Busselton)

Perth/Fremantle

Broome

Darwin

Cairns

Alotau, PNG

Brisbane

20 hours ago, diane.in.ny said:

Yes, it was both.

If we ever get back, will definitely do an excursion to one of the parks. This time we stayed in town to explore.

Looking forward to your trip report.

If you get back, try to visit Darwin and the North in our winter.  

1 hour ago, portcbob said:

Hi Diane.

Glad you liked Aussie. We are doing a trip next March which includes Hobart. Did you take a tour there or did you just wing it around the dock area??

cheers Bob.

We did not take a tour for two reasons. One, we had been to Hobart before and taken a tour to Mt Fields which we greatly enjoyed. The second had to do with our time in port. We were arriving at noon which didn't leave much time for a tour out of town, with sunset around 6. So we decided to stay in town and visited Mawson's Hut on our own, which we found very interesting. 

1 hour ago, portcbob said:

Hi Diane.

Glad you liked Aussie. We are doing a trip next March which includes Hobart. Did you take a tour there or did you just wing it around the dock area??

cheers Bob.

There’s a lot to do on your own, depending on your interests and when you’re there.

4 hours ago, Lolotte said:

Going in March, in Margaret River did you stay in Busselton ? What did you do ? Can you get to Margaret River to do the Heritage Trail ?

The ship docks in Busselton and it is a tender port. We were interested in a nature tour of the Margaret River area and coastline.

I arranged a private tour with Margaret River Nature Tours and then posted the information to my roll call. We had 6 people and Dirk picked us up at 10 am and dropped us back at the pier at 5 pm ... with the last tender at 5:30. We had a great day. He is very knowledgeable and I highly recommend him.  

As for getting to the Heritage Trail, my recommendation is that you write to the Margaret River and Busselton's Visitor's Centers. We found the people at the visitors' centers extremely helpful. Perhaps they can suggest a way to arrange transportation to the trail.

25 minutes ago, Lolotte said:

Fremantle or Perth ??

Fremantle is the port city where you will dock. Perth is easily accessible by train, there is a station near the port area, bus, taxi and river cruise.

Fremantle itself has some interesting Museums and convict buildings with interesting architecture i.e. the Round House, Maritime Museum, Old Fremantle Prison etc.

I hope this clarifies it for you.

Julie