Holland America PNG cruise

I spent hours last night reading pages of posts in the HAL forum.  Little mention of the Noordam, apart from several complaints about it being tired and well overdue for its 2019 refurb. Did enjoy reading a current TR from a Midwest guy with a great sense of humour who just cruised Fiji, NZ, etc on her.  Will definitely ask my questions on the HAL forum though. Had got great info from the Royal forum in the past.

15 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I spent hours last night reading pages of posts in the HAL forum.  Little mention of the Noordam, apart from several complaints about it being tired and well overdue for its 2019 refurb. Did enjoy reading a current TR from a Midwest guy with a great sense of humour who just cruised Fiji, NZ, etc on her.  Will definitely ask my questions on the HAL forum though. Had got great info from the Royal forum in the past.

I don’t mind answering questions if I can help. I tend to only cruise with HAL now as I like it’s more interesting longer itineraries. This 15 night cruise will be the shortest I’ve taken in years.

I’ve enjoyed the BB Kings Blues Club in the past and I’ll be interested in seeing what the Lincoln Centre Stage is like, which was first introduced on the Koningsdam.

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

It's been three years since I was last on Noordam, but it seemed fine to me then. It's now a nearly 13 year old ship so I suppose time will take its toll.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, I wasn't aware of the BOGO drinks. We will look forward to that.

BOGO $2 Mic.  So you can buy one Baileys and buy another one for $2.  When you do the BOGO thing, the two drinks have to be the same, you know like Princess used to do.:classic_rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thanks Elorac.  

Happy to come back after the cruise and report on the experience for NSWP and Mick and anyone else who reads the forum.  Might even work out how to post photos.  I read it is easier with the new cruise critic.

I appreciate that, thank you. Enjoy ye olde Noordam.  1st HAL cruise for us too, so am getting excited, even though 5 months out, got our cabin number 7098.

57 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I appreciate that, thank you. Enjoy ye olde Noordam.  1st HAL cruise for us too, so am getting excited, even though 5 months out, got our cabin number 7098.

5 months out definitely exciting.  Have booked a guarantee verandah so gotta wait for assignment.  All good.

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thanks Elorac.  

Happy to come back after the cruise and report on the experience for NSWP and Mick and anyone else who reads the forum.  Might even work out how to post photos.  I read it is easier with the new cruise critic.

Cheers, I will appreciate it.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

BOGO $2 Mic.  So you can buy one Baileys and buy another one for $2.  When you do the BOGO thing, the two drinks have to be the same, you know like Princess used to do.:classic_rolleyes: 

Excellent. sounds like it would work well.

Followed a blog by Mr WhoGo - who just did the 38 days repositioning LA to Auckland on Noordam - some wonderful pointers and humour from this CC member during his cruise blog.

His comment regarding USB ports either side of  the bed in a Balcony cabin is worth a mention I thought.  Would assume (?) other categories will have them too?

Title of blog:

Live! the Grouch on the Noordam for 38 days to New Zealand, Sept. 30, 2018

Cheers 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Followed a blog by Mr WhoGo - who just did the 38 days repositioning LA to Auckland on Noordam - some wonderful pointers and humour from this CC member during his cruise blog.

His comment regarding USB ports either side of  the bed in a Balcony cabin is worth a mention I thought.  Would assume (?) other categories will have them too?

Title of blog:

Live! the Grouch on the Noordam for 38 days to New Zealand, Sept. 30, 2018

Cheers 

Yes that was a classic blog, he should be on the stage that bloke, pity he disembarked in Auckland.