Silk Harvest changing to LPC

CruisersTimesThree

Not sure if this has been reported in any of the Le Petite Chef threads.  I had a conversation with Tangie today ( she is a shoreside suite concierge) and I lamented the loss of Qsine on our upcoming Silhoutte cruise. She was apologetic and said that LPC would be fleetwide (which we all knew) Ships that have Silk Harvest will have that restaurant converted to LPC. 

If this is old news, I apologize for repeating it 😀

We enjoyed dinner at Silk Harvest when there were 15 of us, we had just about everything on the menu.  Otherwise we did not dine there.  We are passing on LPC on our next cruise, unless we change our minds at the last minute, but will try it on our cruise to Hawaii next year.  I've read good reviews about LPC but have seen the videos so many times on so many sites that I can wait another year.  I'm also afraid that Murano's will be replaced as each S class ship is Revolutionized we want to dine there as often as we can.

As with Qsine, X is just tying up valuable square footage with a gimmicky specialty you might try once or twice and then forget about.  Wish they'd instead try to come up with a concept that would attract repeat business.  Barring that at least rotate nights between Qsine, LPC and Silk Harvest.

• Like 4

We always looked forward to Silk Harvest with its varied menu and well presented dishes..sorry to see it go. I guess LPC is a money maker these days!

Q sine was a fun "one and done"

LPC  is a no go,..too gimmicky

Sushi on Five never attracted us. We used to have lunch at Bistro on 5  and miss it

Now we are looking forward to the daytime menu  for the Bistro on EDGE because at night it will be LPC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Q sine was a fun "one and done"

LPC  is a no go,..too gimmicky

Sushi on Five never attracted us. We used to have lunch at Bistro on 5  and miss it

Now we are looking forward to the daytime menu  for the Bistro on EDGE because at night it will be LPC

I found that Qsine was a lot of fun with a group, but I always felt that the experience was better than the food. I wouldn't have gone back with just the 2 of us.

Agree with you and others on LPC being gimmicky and "one and done" (or "zero and done" for me). As for sushi, I'm still upset that they got rid of it at the Oceanview for my early dinner snack and refuse to pay for it.

Having been massively skeptical about LPC we did try it on our last cruise (Sillouette) as my DM fancied it.  It was actually quite fun - but there were no warnings at all for individuals with light sensitivity. (Which I did report so they may have fixed it.)  Some types of light are a trigger for migraine for me - exactly the same as photo sensitive epilepsy which is sometimes better understood by folk.  Although the projection was absolutely fine, the "halo" effect when the projectors were on but passive was shocking. If you have ever stood slightly to the side of a projector and got caught by that rainbow / bright light combo you'll know what I mean?  Plus it vibrated - like a fast flicking light bulb.    Outside of that it was fun.  But I still preferred Qusine.  And certainly if we were not already on an unlimited specialty dining package would not have bothered.

We happened to be able to spend some time with the Senior Chef responsible for the project.  Whilst I appreciate the effort and expense it takes to roll this out I would have preferred the effort went into revamping Luminae menus which have been unchanged since inception....

Edited by GastroGnome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the light effects warning,  We were not planning to go but good of you  to inform others!  Maybe you can let the Special Needs Dept know and they can have a warning adding  to the ads  and when folks  book it,,

We are a bit concerned that our next EDGE cruise will have way too much bright and blinking lights,,...way to much !

Thanks for that warning, too. Wasn’t aware of the extent of the light effects. Sounds curmudgeonly, but I don’t like dining gimmicks and went to Qsine only once. My idea of fine dining is quiet atmosphere, excellent food, and great, unobtrusive service. I support Celebrity’s ever-trendy efforts to stay fresh by introducing new things, but the Edge’s “performance art” Eve at Eden “sinful” experience is already a non-starter for me.

14 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Not sure if this has been reported in any of the Le Petite Chef threads.  I had a conversation with Tangie today ( she is a shoreside suite concierge) and I lamented the loss of Qsine on our upcoming Silhoutte cruise. She was apologetic and said that LPC would be fleetwide (which we all knew) Ships that have Silk Harvest will have that restaurant converted to LPC. 

If this is old news, I apologize for repeating it 😀

Did you get any sense of when these changes will take place?

Too bad about Silk Harvest in my opinion.  Just had dinner there on Equinox and thought it was great.  Especially now that it is back to Price Fixed.  For a while it was al a carte.  I am big fan of Asian food.

I have migraine related sensitivity and had no problems with LPC.    We thought the food there was excellent and wish they offered the food without the video show once you have seen it.

Speaking of special needs, we have been sailing with Celebrity since 2000.    We have complained on every cruise about the lack of closed captioning on the TVs.   This time you can select it, however, you do not receive it.   The music is also very loud especially for those with hearing aids.    Celebrity has done great things to accommodate food allergies and folks with limited mobility but very little for those with hearing disabilities.

Did LPC on Reflection recently.  Would not do it again.  VERY limited choices for food because other than the food that corresponds to the presentation happening on the table, there was only one additional dish for each course offered.  If I am going to dine at a restaurant more than once I need more variety on the menu.  LPC will not last long for this very reason IMHO. 

• Like 1

When the LPC is offered, is it the only option every night?  Or are some nights the regular Qsine menu?

I dined in the Silk Harvest on my recent Solstice Cruise.  It was OK, but I would not go back.  We feel the same way about Qsine.

5 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I have migraine related sensitivity and had no problems with LPC.    We thought the food there was excellent and wish they offered the food without the video show once you have seen it.

The dinner is a timed event. Everyone is seated then they start. They even have a timed bathroom break! The video is timed to the service. Your plate is the screen so you could move it so that the video won't project on it. 

I really hope Silk Harvest will still be on Equinox when we sail early February. We've mostly sailed X's smaller ships, with the exception of Reflection, so I'm looking forward to trying a new specialty restaurant. LPC would, of course, still be new to hubby and I, but I quite liked the SH menu when I looked it up recently. 

On 11/8/2018 at 3:35 PM, jagoffee said:

When the LPC is offered, is it the only option every night?  Or are some nights the regular Qsine menu?

Pretty sure LPC is every night (it was on Infinity). No more Qsine (except in name).

Edited by MisterBill99

On 11/10/2018 at 8:03 AM, jeno said:

What is the lowest onboard price that anyone has received for Silk Harvest? I have a group of 8 women that want to try it, so hoping to negotiate a deal.  

Silk Harvest will probably be just a memory when you sail....but the lowest we've ever been able to negotiate for any restaurant is 2 for the price of one...a BOGO offer.  With a group of 8, you have a lot of bargaining power.....and 40-50% off should be your goal.

Good luck

• Like 1