Internet speed on Journey

bigbeergut

We are thinking about a cruise on the Journey and I would like to have some idea about the performance of the internet.  Is it available around the ship and in your cabin?  We have sailed on Royal and Celebrity in the last few years and they have made a lot of improvements.  For anyone that has sailed both Azamara and Royal or Celebrity, is the performance on the internet similar?

It can’t compare to Royal's Voom internet, if you’ve experienced that.  My observation is it’s pretty similar to Celebrity, but it is very dependent upon location of course (Norwegian Fjords cruise wasn’t good for example).  I’ve had no problem streaming music and video on Journey recently.

Phil

Currently on the journey. The internet is painfully slow, video clip attachments to whatsapp take a long time to load. Last night it did not work at all for some time, not just for me but for other guests as well. It seems to have its ups and downs, perhaps depending on how many guests are logged in. Generally, for text messages it is ok.

Transatlantic on Journey was running just under 3Mps down and 6 up for most of the cruise even when I checked in the middle of the night.  Had better speeds on free WiFi in ports on Greece Pursuit cruise than on ship.  Hotel in Lisbon before sailing was 150Mps.