HALrunner

Pier Sixty-Six Hotel or similar

A few years ago we stayed at what was the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 and really enjoyed it. I see it has been sold/rebranded and is no longer a Hyatt property. If you have stayed since the change, can you please tell me if they still have the yard games (giant chess, cornhole, etc)? Or can someone recommend another resort style property? We will be staying for a few days post cruise and do not necessarily need to be so close the the port. Thanks

I have not stayed at the Pier 66 since the change but I can tell you that the tower was damaged in the Hurricane and they are not accepting bookings in the tower.  

I am a several times past guest at Pier 66 when it was a Hyatt.  My last patronage, when it was still a Hyatt, was disappointing.  I have found that the Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel to be an excellent hotel.  I have stayed with them twice and have another booking for January.

See Lago Mar. It’s towards the south end of the Fort Lauderdale beach, and has the biggest private beachfront in town.

Thanks to all for the tips and advice! I will check out the other properties that you suggested. Happy Travels:)

As of right now, the hotel has not changed at all and is still a fully operational hotel.  I am in there quite often and cannot tell a difference except the Hyatt flag is gone.  I would absolutely stay there if you like the hotel although I am also a big fan of Lago Mar.

Here are the future plans for the hotel.  https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-pier-sixty-six-hotel-residences-redevelopment-20181031-story.html

BlueHerons,

Thanks for your post and the link.

I will remain a former guest at this iconic (a term with which I totally agree) property.

I like the following two resorts:

Lago Mar.  It is more remote and adjacent to a residential area.

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort

Both are very nice properties with wonderful beach areas.

Keith