8 November 2018 Thursday Weigh-in

pacruise804

Two weeks until (American) Thanksgiving! Where has this year gone?

How is everyone doing on their goals?  I'm down 1# from last week, so 1 step forward after 3 steps back.

This morning is the last parent/teacher conference for my daughter - a little bittersweet that she's grown up.  This weekend we are traveling for a competition, hopefully provided food won't be too high of calories.  I'll have to squeeze my runs and workouts in somehow.

Have a great week!

• Like 2

Good morning pacruise! Congrats on your 1 pound👍, good luck on your travel dining. Crud! Two weeks till Thanksgiving? I gotta buy a turkey this weekend! 

I am down 1.2 pounds for the week.

I was worried I was going to have a gain week after Friday-Monday of eating away from home a lot. Some of that time I felt like I really wasn't in control of the choices I made. But even though I had those feelings, looking back, I can see that I still kept to smaller portions and didn't give up for the day after a slip off the plan. Maybe I'm building some muscle memory of good habits! 

I hope everybody had a successful week! If not on the scale, at least feeling good in the longer scheme and commited to the next week. 

• Like 2

Great losses everyone.

Jan, I am amazed how much of a difference measuring makes.  Even after years of doing it, if I just free hand I end up with a much bigger serving.

Something that helps is using very small dishes when possible.  When the bowl seems empty the portion seems smaller, but using a tiny bowl the one ounce portion looks more reasonable.

• Like 2

Hello,

I lost 1 lb. this week. Hoping for more.....6 more to go for pre-cruise weight. 

We all did well this week. Yeah us.

Sister-in- law arrives today for a week. Plan to take her on walks and eat healthy.

Hope Belle is having fun.

Have a good week. Diana

• Like 3

I'm up 3 to 210 over the past 2 weeks.  Dave inspired me to join Planet Fitness - been going the past few days and sure enough - I miss going to a gym regularly - feels great every time I finish.  Starting out slow on the weights - not up for the lingering burn quite yet, I'll give it another week or so to get a rhythm going then push it a little.  Nice to have a variety of options for cardio.  I have several playlists of motivating (to me) tunes so I zone out and hammer away.

Dog was getting restless and just wants to run so bad.  Got a 50' spool of paracord and now we go to the park and she runs like heck.  First time she took off I got my finger in a bite and she darn near took it off - got a great rope burn out of it.  Then she came charging back (I was in a crouch calling her) and she barrelled right into me knocking me a few feet - would have made a great video.

Still loving the smoker - did a pork butt for some pulled pork that I've been eating for a week.  The sauce is a bit too sweet so will find something else for the ribs I'm doing this weekend.  The rest was due to the Halloween candy and some beer.  Hopefully with the exercise I can imbibe a bit and still make some headway.

• Like 3

Forgot to mention Pacruise804, did some research about smoking the turkey - others do foil the breasts part way through on their smokers - thanks for the heads up.

I'm bringing the bird for the family Thanksgiving gathering so I'm really glad I did the test - I feel better about how long it will take and how to get the best results I can.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, shootr said:

I'm up 3 to 210 over the past 2 weeks.  Dave inspired me to join Planet Fitness - been going the past few days and sure enough - I miss going to a gym regularly - feels great every time I finish.  Starting out slow on the weights - not up for the lingering burn quite yet, I'll give it another week or so to get a rhythm going then push it a little.  Nice to have a variety of options for cardio.  I have several playlists of motivating (to me) tunes so I zone out and hammer away.

Dog was getting restless and just wants to run so bad.  Got a 50' spool of paracord and now we go to the park and she runs like heck.  First time she took off I got my finger in a bite and she darn near took it off - got a great rope burn out of it.  Then she came charging back (I was in a crouch calling her) and she barrelled right into me knocking me a few feet - would have made a great video.

Still loving the smoker - did a pork butt for some pulled pork that I've been eating for a week.  The sauce is a bit too sweet so will find something else for the ribs I'm doing this weekend.  The rest was due to the Halloween candy and some beer.  Hopefully with the exercise I can imbibe a bit and still make some headway.

What brand of smoker are you using? I have a Traeger.

Still enjoying cruise, miss you all of course!😊 Might not meet my record of not gaining on a

long cruise. Someone is making me eat more it seems..who? Me! Really only eating 2 meals

but seems more carbs plus have the coffee card so different coffee and teas with "different" 

things in them and I don't really drink coffee but it's free!:classic_biggrin:

Sounds like your mostly all doing pretty good and/or will be better this week. Take care.  From me

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FlatlandDave said:

What brand of smoker are you using? I have a Traeger.

I got a Camp Chef DXL 24. I'm loving this thing, holds temp really well, easy to maintain - practically foolproof. Ribs go on at dawn, then to the gym for a bit. 

• Like 1

Woke up at 2am, so figured I'd throw the ribs on and go back to sleep. After 3 hours I wrapped in foil and headed to the gym. By 7:30 all the weekend meals are done! (And fresh, warm ribs for the missus when she gets home - night shift RN) 

But I think it'll be a cigar for lunch... :classic_ninja:

IMG_20181110_071728-01.jpeg

IMG_20181110_073357-01.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shootr said:

Woke up at 2am, so figured I'd throw the ribs on and go back to sleep. After 3 hours I wrapped in foil and headed to the gym. By 7:30 all the weekend meals are done! (And fresh, warm ribs for the missus when she gets home - night shift RN) 

But I think it'll be a cigar for lunch... :classic_ninja:

IMG_20181110_071728-01.jpeg

IMG_20181110_073357-01.jpeg

Looking good!!

And the sauce was an organic sugar free recipe to boot.  They are quite good, if I say so myself.  I have one rack left over - want to get the sauce to caramelize more so will try to cook them longer and see if they dry out by doing so.  These are fall off the bone tender.

Rest day today, watching F1 and football and being lazy.  Wound up getting the Thanksgiving turkey for $0.68/lb - didn't think that was too bad.  No whole chickens though...booooo, wanted to do a couple this week for dinners.  Guess it's salads for now...

Edited by shootr
  • Like 1

Shootr - That was nice to have a hot meal for your wife when she got home - late shifts can be rough.  Nice score on your turkey, I thought I did a good job with .87/lb.

I need to get more cardio in this week.  The quizzing competition went well, but 6.5-7 hours in a bus/van each way then sitting most of the time while officiating didn't leave much room for movement.  Yesterday I pretty much just crashed😴

We have another college visit this weekend (8.5-9 hours one way 🙁) so another rough weekend of eating out.

I got a lot of food prep done before the trip, so salads should be easy this week.

Pacruise and shootr, I WIN the turkey price bragging rights! I got a 22lb one yesterday for $0.00 per pound. The store I shop had a promo where you get a free turkey if you spent $150.00 (which my grocery bill is *always* over anyway). 

I've got a lot of weekend indulging to overcome by Thursday this week. Dinner at a local pizza joint Saturday night and a birthday party held at a nice restaurant last night (that I ended up being asked at the last minute to shoot photos for, so that kept me off the buffet a little, LOL). Scared to look at the scale this morning. Prepped for the week yesterday, roasted two big chicken breasts and made hard boiled eggs so ready for breakfast and lunch.  

Edited by Shellbelle28
  • Like 2

I realized that with our college visit I won't be around Thursday morning.  Can someone else start the thread?

Nice score on your bird, shellbelle!  I've been trying to do a freezer/pantry clean out and keep the grocery budget low so my bill is typically under $100 any given week.

Edited by pacruise804

Pacruise, I will say I will do it but we have to take my sister-in-law to the airport on Thursday. Will be crazy in the morning. 

Sounds like you have a very busy week. 

Someone will start it though.

We cooked a turkey while my sis-in-law was here. Bought a Norbest.Man, that's a good turkey. All of it, even the breast meat was so juicy and flavorful. We did brine it for a day too which helps.

Have a good day everyone. 

Diana

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

I realized that with our college visit I won't be around Thursday morning.  Can someone else start the thread?

Nice score on your bird, shellbelle!  I've been trying to do a freezer/pantry clean out and keep the grocery budget low so my bill is typically under $100 any given week.

If no one has done it by the time I log in at around 5:00 am from the west coast, I'll start it. Don't expect a poem like Belle's though... possibly a limerick 😈

• Thanks 1