Question about flights Newark to Barcelona

Lovinglife11

Hello all,

I keep getting mixed information, so I'm looking for some advice.  We are booked on the Epic July 7-14 out of Barcelona.  The flights right now range from $$790 to $990 on Norwegian and $1100 on United.  Some say to book as soon as possible and some say to wait because prices should drop.  Since we are going in the summer I feel like flights are probably the most expensive then.  Does anyone have any information on when they booked their flights for a summer cruise out of Barcelona?  Thanks in advance.

It's hard to guess prices. Under $1k in the summer sounds ok for nonstop. One of the reasons for waiting are sales which may or may not happen. Another comment is that Norwegian gets large # of complaints primarily for flight delays and cancellation. There are cheaper options but with stop in London. Check Google flights.

Edited by hkto

From what I've seen over the past 2 yrs, Norwegian prices don't seem to fluctuate as much as other int'l carriers.

My family used Norwegian twice last yr ..... to London in June and again in Sept.  Both flights were great, and on time.  I'll probably use Norwegian to BCN this year since the price is right. But for the next month I'll be watching other options, ie flying thru London then using a European carrier for LON-BCN.   I usually book in Dec/Jan for travel in May/June.  Seems to work out for me. Good luck !

On 11/12/2018 at 8:37 PM, LJJQ said:

Many of the airlines discount their fares on Black Friday and Cyber Monday! I know Delta acknowledged they will! 

Thank you, I'll keep my eye out for sales.  We also found that flying from Stewart to Dublin is a lot cheaper.  So we are thinking about adding a few days on to the trip and check Ireland off our bucket list 🙂