Dec. 9 Pearl Thermal pass not starting till day 3 5:00 PM ?

DiverJohn

After noticing this on my booking I called the pre cruise concierge desk to ask why not starting on day 1 like my last 3 cruises with Norweigan, 20 minutes later she confirmed not normal but no answer as to why. Said she will move this up the chain and contact ship via email to find out why and get back to me. Anybody have an answer as to why this is or ever had the pass start on day 3 on any other sailing with Norweigan ? Once I hear back I will post the response and results …….30 days lol

It would be very odd that they need to close down every other week for half a week for maintenance on just this one ship, not saying impossible or wrong just very odd, perhaps someone sailing prior to us can chime in with the dates of their access starting. Would think Norwegian would know of scheduled maintenance or "partial upgrades requiring closing" as well, has been listed this way since it became available for the Dec 9 cruise.

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

Most likely there is a typo on the information the OP is looking at, unless the OP paid a lower fee than usual.

Two separate sailings have the same price and the same delay in starting till the third day of cruise, if it was typo the concierge would have figured that out I would hope. The fact that it is taking over three hours to figure out would lead me to believe it has either been incorrectly entered into their website, or the spa area is undergoing some type of change little by little on a portion of each cruise instead of shutting down for 3-4 weeks at once perhaps. This way Norwegian and the spa employees still make money as opposed to closing and making zero, but that is just pure speculation at this point .

I'm following in case someone gets an answer.  I bought this for hubby as a special treat and I really don't want to tell him, then he can't go until the third day.  It's not the end of the world but I do want to know if this is correct.

It's similar for me on the Epic also. After I purchased the pass for a 10-day cruise for $249, my confirmation said the pass started the day after we board at .....5:01 pm!! No one has been able to explain. I would have thought it would be available after we set sail, not the next afternoon!

So I ended up calling again and the help desk says that it is a typographical error and both Pearl sailings will begin spa services on embarkation. I would guess the same for you on epic Parislady40, as long as it’s open on the sea day the girlfriend will be happy. 🌊🌊🍻

• Like 1

5 hours ago, heelfan94 said:

DiverJohn, I will try to remember to post before I leave Tampa on 11/25 if I have clarification on the spa beginning.  I can't promise, though.  

I sail on the 9th of December and am in a penthouse as well. I will be on ship early, so will post the status of the Spa as well once on board and sure either way.