Ship to Replace Anthem in Bayonne

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Adventure. 

Adventure is already in Bayonne (not right not, as she is in the southern caribbean, but she will be back). She is not replacing Anthem. She was here in addition to her. Wondering what the second ship will be. 

15 minutes ago, rothschilda said:

Adventure is already in Bayonne (not right not, as she is in the southern caribbean, but she will be back). She is not replacing Anthem. She was here in addition to her. Wondering what the second ship will be. 

Yeah I started a thread on this last week. Lots of guesses but it really has to be the new Quantum Ultra-class coming out in 2020 right around the time Anthem splits. I will miss Anthem, I loved her. Very big, very beautiful, lots of stuff to do. So that would be my and really logically guess. Can't really be an Oasis ship because they won't be able to dock in Bermuda which is obviously most of what we do from the Northeast.

31 minutes ago, Leslie K said:

Whatever ship comes it better be suited to 4 seasons. Would hate to return to winter sailings in a ship without an enclosed pool and more indoor usable space. 

So true. I would think that would limit the incoming ships to a quantum class much like anthem. I know quantum of the seas is out because that will be in Singapore in 2020, not too sure about the others though. I know they are coming out with a quantum five class ship, so maybe that’s what’s headed to Bayonne.

24 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Yeah I started a thread on this last week. Lots of guesses but it really has to be the new Quantum Ultra-class coming out in 2020 right around the time Anthem splits. I will miss Anthem, I loved her. Very big, very beautiful, lots of stuff to do. So that would be my and really logically guess. Can't really be an Oasis ship because they won't be able to dock in Bermuda which is obviously most of what we do from the Northeast.

Totally agree with you!!

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

I don't think that Quantum-Ultra class comes out until Fall of 2020. Anthem probably leaves mid-Spring for Southampton.

1 hour ago, rothschilda said:

Adventure could replace Anthem's 5/9 Bermuda/Caribbean runs. And they could abandon the 7/8-night Bahamas runs for summer. They never used to have 2 ships in Bayonne. Of course, Adventure is no comparison to Anthem. If they wanted to replace her with a worthy ship, it would be Quantum-Ultra. But do to timing, hopefully it will be an "amped" ship.

3 hours ago, cot427 said:

I don't think that Quantum-Ultra class comes out until Fall of 2020. Anthem probably leaves mid-Spring for Southampton.

Adventure could replace Anthem's 5/9 Bermuda/Caribbean runs. And they could abandon the 7/8-night Bahamas runs for summer. They never used to have 2 ships in Bayonne. Of course, Adventure is no comparison to Anthem. If they wanted to replace her with a worthy ship, it would be Quantum-Ultra. But do to timing, hopefully it will be an "amped" ship.

So they will just fill in the gap for a while with another ship till the Ultra class arrives. They have done it before.

5 minutes ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Someone corrected me on the other thread that in fact the oasis class can fit under the Verrazano 

I don’t believe that is true. However, even if it was, the cruise terminal is also not equipped to handle Oasis Class ships. 

15 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Fyi - Liberty came after the Quantum in May 2015 until the Anthem came in the fall of that year. I know because I was on the first Bayonne sailing of the Liberty.

Excellent point. But Explorer definitely came first! I’d love to see Independence come up here!

Remember reading that Royal made certain guarantees to Port Authority of NY/NJ in order to obtain funding for terminal improvements.  Believe one was that a Q class ship would be permanently based there.  Doubt PANYNJ would be happy with reduction in port charges if Royal replaced Anthem (4200 passengers double occupancy) with Adventure (3100) or even a Freedom class (3600) for an extended period.

• Like 1