Ship to Replace Anthem in Bayonne

15 hours ago, Sunfun68 said:

Oasis may not be able to pass under the VNB, but it certainly can dock in Bermuda.  The ability to dock is not limited by the width of the ship or length (Oasis is only 40 feet longer than the Anthem anyway), but by its draft. The Royal Dockyard is a former British Navy Base where heavy cruisers used to dock; their draft is about 27 feet, the draft of the Oasis is 29 feet.  The draft of an aircraft carrier is about 37 feet, but I don't know if any of them ever docked at the Royal Dockyard..

Unfortunately your wrong since RCL was major stakeholder for the North Channel dredge

project which could only accommodate passage up to the RCL Quantum Class.

Heritage Wharf in Bermuda unfortunately couldn’t accommodate the Oasis Class (Structurally

& Lenght wise)

2 hours ago, FIRELT5 said:

Unfortunately your wrong since RCL was major stakeholder for the North Channel dredge

project which could only accommodate passage up to the RCL Quantum Class.

Heritage Wharf in Bermuda unfortunately couldn’t accommodate the Oasis Class (Structurally

& Lenght wise)

Plus I believe Bermuda basically told RCI that is the last time they dredge for a bigger size ship? I believe have said this is as large a ship they care to accommodate? There was a lot of controversy with dredging and widening the channel for Anthem size ships if I remember correctly?

The Oasis will Be doing the 7nt May-September 2020,  Bahamas/Florida ITIN from Bayonne.

The Adventure will be doing the 5/9 Bermuda, Bermuda/Caribbean ITIN, May-Late August 2020. 

• Thanks 1

I am not sure what you mean by "structurally".  If you are referring to the number of passengers, that is  certainly a possibility.  You are however, absolutely incorrect about the additional 40 foot length not being able to be accommodated.  As long as the Oasis docks in the seaward berth it could EASILY dock at the Royal Dockyard.  You are absolutely incorrect about the channel.  As I mentioned previously, these channels are dredged out to several times the width of the Anthem and are about 42' deep.  The Oasis on a human scale appears much larger than the Anthem, but on a scale of moving through these newly dredged channels, the extra 40' in length and 50' width at the water line are insignificant.  A report of the Bermuda commission planning the dredging mentioned accommodating larger ships with up to 6000 passengers which indicates planning not only for the scheduled Quantum class, but for larger ships (Oasis) in the future.

Edited by Sunfun68

31 minutes ago, FIRELT5 said:

The Oasis will Be doing the 7nt May-September 2020,  Bahamas/Florida ITIN from Bayonne.

The Adventure will be doing the 5/9 Bermuda, Bermuda/Caribbean ITIN, May-Late August 2020. 

You saw the new itineraries???

1 hour ago, FIRELT5 said:

Not sure how I’d feel about this.  I’d love to go on Oasis out of Bayonne, but I don’t really want to do Bahamas again.  We love the updated Mariner for those cheaper sailings!

You say this as if it’s a fact. Did you already see the new itins?

So there will be NO cruises to the Caribbean from January 27 on.. until some time in May????? 

Guess I will have to start looking into the Grandeur..

Edited by boscobeans

Looks like Oasis is officially coming to New Jersey.  Reports on Anthem is that the Next Cruise desk has announced it is true and Oasis will be doing the 7 night Bahamas sailings.

Many doubters and skeptics on this page the last few weeks, but it is coming to fruition.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonesy4life9 said:

Looks like Oasis is officially coming to New Jersey.  Reports on Anthem is that the Next Cruise desk has announced it is true and Oasis will be doing the 7 night Bahamas sailings.

Many doubters and skeptics on this page the last few weeks, but it is coming to fruition.

That's strange, as there are no 7 night cruises to Bahamas in the summer.  They wouldn't have Oasis sailing out of Bayonne in the winter, when they usually have the Bahamas cruises.  I was hoping they would be doing some longer cruises.  Maybe they will have an overnight in CocoCay with the new water park.  I'd rather do that then go to Nassau or Florida.

7 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

That's strange, as there are no 7 night cruises to Bahamas in the summer.  They wouldn't have Oasis sailing out of Bayonne in the winter, when they usually have the Bahamas cruises.  I was hoping they would be doing some longer cruises.  Maybe they will have an overnight in Coco Cay with the new water park.  I'd rather do that then go to Nassau or Florida.

Currently no 7 nights Bahamas in the summer 😉

Edited by John&LaLa
fixed the quote format

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Currently no 7 nights Bahamas in the summer 😉

That's what I said above.  I think Adventure has one or 2 while she is here.  I wish they would do some longer cruises, 12 night, in the spring and fall.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Oasis has never been known for great itineraries.  They’ll have her run the 7 day crappy itinerary and will fill the ship.  The more people that don’t get off the ship in the ports the better.

Oasis itineraries better than the 7 day Anthem. 😉

5 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

That's what I said above.  I think Adventure has one or 2 while she is here.  I wish they would do some longer cruises, 12 night, in the spring and fall.

You still have time to fix your previous post. 

The comment is embedded in the quote

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Oasis itineraries better than the 7 day Anthem. 😉

Not sure I follow you John.  I was referring to Oasis taking over Anthems 7 day itinerary.

All the Oasis class ships have improved their itineraries in the Caribbean greatly over the past couple of years but unfortunately anything sailing south from Bayonne for 7 days is going to be a lousy itinerary. Nothing against PC but not my idea of a great port stop, Nassau speaks for itself.  The only saving grace is CocoCay.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You still have time to fix your previous post. 

The comment is embedded in the quote

What is there to fix? I said there were no 7 night cruises out of Bayonne in the summer.  There is one 8 night Bahamas on Adventure in August 2019.

7 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

What is there to fix? I said there were no 7 night cruises out of Bayonne in the summer.  There is one 8 night Bahamas on Adventure in August 2019.

Not judging the comment.  It's just formatted wrong. You put your comment inside the box created for the member you were quoting.  Probably to late to fix it.

FWIW, yes there are no 7 day cruises out of NJ in 2019, but there may be some in 2020.