Error 2F173/L

You need to be logged in to read a roll call thread, and I suspect that was simply a "not logged in" error. That code is what I get from trying to access that thread (and other random roll call threads) when not logged in.

The current log-in system may require you to refresh the page after you think you should already be logged in. But clearly you can log in, because you have made this post.

10 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

If one googles Error code: 2F173/H   there are many hits where forums have this problem

All powered by Invision  looks like we may be lumbered with this for a while?

More like Invasion if you ask me.

Are you using this link? https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/celebrity-reflection-april-22-2019/

Its possible the error code came up because the roll call hadn't been brought over to the new boards yet.

I just see a login prompt if I am not logged in.

33 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

If one googles Error code: 2F173/H   there are many hits where forums have this problem

20 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Its possible the error code came up because the roll call hadn't been brought over to the new boards yet.

I just see a login prompt if I am not logged in.

The roll call thread is on the new boards, and there's no difficulty with accessing it: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2526808-april-22-2019-celebrity-reflection-transatlantic-azores-and-ireland/

However, you need to be logged in to read the thread, like all roll call threads. The Google results for 2F173/L suggest that it is, as I thought, a "not logged in" error. The log-in system has had some work over the past couple of days, and auto log-in may not work the first time you call a page, or you may have to wait for your browser to reload the page automatically after a couple of seconds, or you may just have to log in again.

None of this ought to be insoluble. After the OP made the post that started this thread, they were by definition logged in by then, and should have been able to read the roll call thread.

6 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

The roll call thread is on the new boards, and there's no difficulty with accessing it: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2526808-april-22-2019-celebrity-reflection-transatlantic-azores-and-ireland/

However, you need to be logged in to read the thread, like all roll call threads. The Google results for 2F173/L suggest that it is, as I thought, a "not logged in" error. The log-in system has had some work over the past couple of days, and auto log-in may not work the first time you call a page, or you may have to wait for your browser to reload the page automatically after a couple of seconds, or you may just have to log in again.

None of this ought to be insoluble. After the OP made the post that started this thread, they were by definition logged in by then, and should have been able to read the roll call thread.

There is a roll call at one link (the one I found) and a "connections" roll call at another link (the one she must be using).

I googled "invision error code 2F173/L" and searched the invision database. It seems any posts older than mid 2017 refer to the older version, the new version doesn't have a list of error codes, the only /L reference was in a chat reference which discuss threads that had been deleted.  The /H is not the same error.

I also searched https://invisioncommunity.com/search/?&q=2F173 and "/L"&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Anyway its something staff needs to solve, it could be clearing a cookie would help as a work around.

2 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

58 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

There is a roll call at one link (the one I found) and a "connections" roll call at another link (the one she must be using).

I think that when most people want to find their "roll call", they mean the roll call thread on boards.cruisecritic.com - for the OP, that's the link that I gave, and that's the thread to which the OP last posted on 9 November (before they started this thread).

The other URL is for a sort of roll call landing page, which is actually located on www.cruisecritic.com. The central column displays a number of recent posts from the roll call thread itself (the last half a dozen or so), and then at the bottom of that column there is a "View More" link which is to the roll call thread.

So I am pretty sure that the OP was trying to reach the roll call thread, which requires them to be logged in to read it, and they weren't at that moment logged in so they got the "not logged in" error code. Once the OP was logged in, as they must have been to make the post that started this thread, they should have been able to read the roll call thread. But the work on the log-in system means that you may be transiently not logged in even if you expect to be automatically logged in on every visit to CC.

However, if they can post here but not still read the roll call thread, then your suggestion of clearing cookies etc would certainly be something to try.

9 hours ago, Globaliser said:

So I am pretty sure that the OP was trying to reach the roll call thread, which requires them to be logged in to read it, and they weren't at that moment logged in so they got the "not logged in" error code. Once the OP was logged in, as they must have been to make the post that started this thread, they should have been able to read the roll call thread. But the work on the log-in system means that you may be transiently not logged in even if you expect to be automatically logged in on every visit to CC.

I found, the first time after the move to the new format, that, even though I was logged in on all the Cruise Critic forums, when I did a search on the "Find Your Roll Call" link, I had to log in there, also, in order to actually view/access any of the specific roll call functions I wanted.  Once I logged in there on that link, I was able to access any roll calls' functions (not just the one I first logged at).

2 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I found, the first time after the move to the new format, that, even though I was logged in on all the Cruise Critic forums, when I did a search on the "Find Your Roll Call" link, I had to log in there, also, in order to actually view/access any of the specific roll call functions I wanted.  Once I logged in there on that link, I was able to access any roll calls' functions (not just the one I first logged at).

Yes, when the software was first in, you had to log in separately to www.cruisecritic.com and boards.cruisecritic.com. "Find Your Roll Call" and the roll call landing pages are both on www.cruisecritic.com, but the roll call thread itself is on boards.cruisecritic.com. That's why two log-ins were necessary then.

The work done this week means, I think, that logging in to either domain logs you in to the other, so logging in twice is no longer necessary. But for those who rely on auto log-in, this may need a browser refresh after the first page call. I suspect that people who are complaining about this error message have just opened a CC page for the first time, when they have not yet been logged in.

If the page auto-refreshes (as many of us are seeing), that gets fixed straight away. But if not, the "not logged in" error message should go away with a manual refresh, or by any navigation to another CC page and back again. If it doesn't, it probably means that the auto log-in cookie has been lost.

1 hour ago, Johnamac123 said:

I've been getting this error when accessing my Navigator Roll Call. After a few seconds, the error goes away and I have access like normal....

Good - that sounds like the log in system doing what it's intended to do via the auto refresh.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:10 PM, Globaliser said:

You need to be logged in to read a roll call thread, and I suspect that was simply a "not logged in" error. That code is what I get from trying to access that thread (and other random roll call threads) when not logged in.

You are quite correct, therefore I cannot understand why CruiseCritic has this notice on their main Forums page:

"You can browse and read our FAMOUS ROLL CALLS, but you'll need to REGISTER to post."

Very confusing, since you rightly cannot access any of the threads without registering and logging in  🤔  

I received the error code a couple of days ago when moving from one roll call thread to another ............... and sure enough CC had logged me out mid-session and I was unable to log in again (on any device) until later in the day  🙁

I can only presume that the site was taken down again for further "improvements"  🙄

14 hours ago, flossie009 said:

You are quite correct, therefore I cannot understand why CruiseCritic has this notice on their main Forums page:

"You can browse and read our FAMOUS ROLL CALLS, but you'll need to REGISTER to post."

Very confusing, since you rightly cannot access any of the threads without registering and logging in 

Does anyone know whether this is a recent change?

For a long time, it was only possible to read a roll call thread after logging in. But then a change was made so that you could read roll call threads like threads in other forums, ie without logging in.

The current situation is the same as the previous position - you need to log in even to read. But the notice that you quote suggests that this may have been an unintentional change. Does anyone know when it happened?

5 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Does anyone know whether this is a recent change?

For a long time, it was only possible to read a roll call thread after logging in. But then a change was made so that you could read roll call threads like threads in other forums, ie without logging in.

The current situation is the same as the previous position - you need to log in even to read. But the notice that you quote suggests that this may have been an unintentional change. Does anyone know when it happened?

Not a recent change. Can't remember exactly when that rule was changed but it has been a good couple of years, way before even the penultimate upgrade. I guess no sense in demanding membership for the privilege of reading the roll calls when anyone can join and we should all be aware that roll calls are-- and have never been-- a private conversation.

Edited by Peregrina651

6 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Not a recent change. Can't remember exactly when that rule was changed but it has been a good couple of years, way before even the penultimate upgrade. I guess no sense in demanding membership for the privilege of reading the roll calls when anyone can join and we should all be aware that roll calls are-- and have never been-- a private conversation.

Sorry, what I meant is when did it change back to you having to be logged in to read a roll call thread.

Did that happen with the move to the new software, or did it happen before then?

4 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Sorry, what I meant is when did it change back to you having to be logged in to read a roll call thread.

Did that happen with the move to the new software, or did it happen before then?

I think it happened with the move to the new platform.

I’m tired of constantly having to log in. I can be on Floataway and when I move to Roll Calls I have to log in again. Then to the Princess forum and sometimes have to log in, sometimes it will reload. Moving around the boards is getting irritating!

Have you tried logging out.  Clearing cookies then logging back in?

I think you may still have to log in to change roll calls but sometimes if you just wait

maybe 30 seconds the Log In Icon changes to Log  Out and you are good to go.