Have U Noticed

The A Train

I sure do!! Especially as a newbie to Oceania ! On our HAL site all is back to normal! Had some awesome CCERS who actually helped get the site fixed👍

We do Sailaways, Bon Voyages, fleet reports and it was a mess! When I come over to Oceania not much happening or on Roll Call!

Denise😊

52 minutes ago, The A Train said:

the drop-off in posts since introduction of this horrendous new format?

Yes,  This new format is awful and I do not read it as often as I did before.  Needs to be fixed fast.

I am not a big fan of online format changes either (the recent gmail change, for instance).  However, I am starting to get used to the new format here.  One thing that is an improvement for sure is the easy of uploading pictures.  I also like the way you can preview a post by hovering over it.

I don't mind the new format and easy uploading of pictures is agreat improvement.  The worst part is people trying to login again after the new site went up.  Many had forgotten their password and I think most people had to delete cookies to sign in again

but if they couldn't get to the Board, they wouldn't have seen the answers to their problem.

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I sure do!! Especially as a newbie to Oceania ! On our HAL site all is back to normal! Had some awesome CCERS who actually helped get the site fixed👍

We do Sailaways, Bon Voyages, fleet reports and it was a mess! When I come over to Oceania not much happening or on Roll Call!

Denise😊

Denise

Oceania Board has never been anywhere near as active as Holland America and there are some very helpful posters over there-POA1 comes to mind.

I have cruised a lot on Holland America but now have more past cruises on Oceania.  I think you will like O.  It's something that is hard to put into words but I have met so many people on Oceania that I am in contact with after the cruises and I don't know why but that never happened on Holland America.  I do know Kazu and Gigianne but that is because I met them at Embassy Suites 

13 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Denise

Oceania Board has never been anywhere near as active as Holland America and there are some very helpful posters over there-POA1 comes to mind.

I have cruised a lot on Holland America but now have more past cruises on Oceania.  I think you will like O.  It's something that is hard to put into words but I have met so many people on Oceania that I am in contact with after the cruises and I don't know why but that never happened on Holland America.  I do know Kazu and Gigianne but that is because I met them at Embassy Suites 

Until the change in format the Oceania board seemed a lot more active. I think the new format is keeping them away.  Does not shock  me since the Trip Advisor board in one of the wort on the internet. 

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

Denise

POA1 our Brian was such a big help on our board with HAL!! Jacqui Kazu love her ! With her patience she was a tremendous help! She does the best reviews and had me read her blog when she and her husband José did Oceania. I helped her when we were in Paris and we have a condo in Niece along The Promenade which at the time they were thinking of coming down.

everyone here on O are great and love the responses.

Smooth Sailings all

Denise😊

I like bigmjh's comment: ."The old saying ... "if ain't broke ... don't mess with it" ... guess CC never learnt that!"  At the moment, I am underwhelmed with CC's changes. For example, on the old site, it was easy to return to the top of the page. Now, it is a nuisance to scroll up. In the end, However, CC is a free site. I use it voluntarily, and appreciate that it is available.

Mary

The mass market boards are busier.  Always new controversies, cutbacks and many newbies asking basic questions.  There are a few “know it alls”  dominating discussions and sometimes bossing people around on roll calls. 

Generally, Oceania putters along in relatively stable fashion. Which is good.  Multiple people contribute but no one tries to dominate or have the last word. 

Posting volume is reduced on cruise critic but I cannot pinpoint when it occurred.  I don’t find the new format to be an issue.  

Personally, I have reduced message board time on multiple sites.  

• Like 1

Well, we too have newbies asking basic questions that have been answered many times before.

But I do my best to remain patient because I was a newby once and it took me a LONG time to make the search function work! So when people say they've tried to search but couldn't, I do sympathize.

There ARE some threads that I wish could be made stickies ... like "how much liquor can I bring on board?" or "What is the dress code?"  There are others ...

Mura

By the way, my photo had long ago disappeared on this site but with the format it's back ... except I'm pretty sure that the photo of the two kities you now see had been replaced by our current kitty ... not that I mind seeing my buddies again. I just wonder where they found this particular photo!

• Like 1

Mura has the patience of a Saint. Far to often searching would have only required reading down page 1. I’ve seen times where we’ve had three “bringing liquor aboard” threads and two dress code threads going at the same time on page 1. I’ve lost interest and patience in addressing those questions. I believe often the OP is merely trolling!

why aren’t they made stickies?

• Like 2

Thanks, Pinot ... I don't think anyone has EVER compared me to a saint before!!

But I agree ... these should be stickies.  When you have questions constantly coming up, it would be much easier for newbies to see the answer there rather than posting yet another question that the regulars have seen so many times before.

Mura

Stickies are those posts that remain intact at the beginning of the threads. We currently have one entitled ~ Oceania Free Shuttle list. Stickies are for commonly asked questions where the answer doesn’t change. One can read the sticky and not repost the question. Any question concerning dress codes on Oceania clearly encompasses that thought. We have past threads that drag on ad naseum in the subject. Those threads could become a sticky so no one would have the need to start a new thread on the subject. Oceania ‘s dresss code hasn’t changed in at least a decade, if not more, make one of those threads a sticky and be done with it!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, warburg said:

I like bigmjh's comment: ."The old saying ... "if ain't broke ... don't mess with it" ... guess CC never learnt that!"  At the moment, I am underwhelmed with CC's changes. For example, on the old site, it was easy to return to the top of the page. Now, it is a nuisance to scroll up. In the end, However, CC is a free site. I use it voluntarily, and appreciate that it is available.

Mary

At the bottom of a thread you have two options, one is "Go to topic listing" the other is Oceania Cruises. No need to go back to the top of the page. 

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Seems like most of us do not like the changes at all.    Time for a re do.   😡

What specific changes do you not like?  There is a fairly active "bugs and glitches" forum where folks are posting issues, and others are offering suggestions (as ORV did a couple of posts upthread).  Perhaps you may want to browse that forum (link) for help?

I can understand the frustration that some are experiencing with the platform change, but I'm not so sure that "most users" don't like it, particularly after using it for a time.  I don't think that they will "undo" the changes, but more likely they will continue to tweak the functionality based on feedback from CC users on specific issues they are experiencing.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. There are some minor differences but nothing that I can see that is causing all this angst.

We had the same type of reaction on the last redo and yet we all managed to continued to enjoy giving and receiving a lot of great information.

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I am not fond of the new format  but I am learning to work with it

some people  just have  a problem with reading & comprehension

I will either have to spend less time on CC or go back to school and take more courses in reading and comprehension.