NEW DEALS

L751

All the deals relate to cruises booked before 3 December 2018.  In my opinion P&O are simply trying to get people to commit to a cruise on the line.  Many people book very near Christmas or just after and traditionally sorted out holidays at this exact time of year.  £50 deposit commits you to going, you still need to pay the cruise fare ultimately.  Extra guests at £1.00 cruise fare may fill up the two night and short cruises but I see no impact on longer breaks regarding excessive drinking alcohol.  Very short cruises will likely be affected £200 to £300 per person, with four in a cabin will become £100 to £150. People might get a loose set of friends going on this length of cruise.  There are  limited four berth cabins and once they are gone that's it.  I do not see people booking a four berth cabin for a fortnight with an extra two people they know. To get the £340 obc you need a fortnights cruise at balcony fare level.  After May you can save £196 on service charges and I suspect these latter figures are based on two people saving and the £340 obc is per cabin on a fourteen day cruise so that would typically be £170 per person.

Regards John

I booked a superior Balcony for 14 nights for 4 of us in 1 cabin. However the 3rd and 4th Passengers were not £1 each, this price is specifically for those under 16. The cruises that have £1 for additional under 16's are in term time only, so P&O are encouraging families to take trips outside of the school holiday dates, which will offset the fines imposed by Local Authorities.

11 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

I booked a superior Balcony for 14 nights for 4 of us in 1 cabin. However the 3rd and 4th Passengers were not £1 each, this price is specifically for those under 16. The cruises that have £1 for additional under 16's are in term time only, so P&O are encouraging families to take trips outside of the school holiday dates, which will offset the fines imposed by Local Authorities.

If the £1 for 3rd and 4th passenger is exclusively for passengers under 16 years of age, it will not have an effect on excessive drinking of alcohol on board on two night or any other cruise length.  On the face of it it looks like a brilliant way to market holiday cruises to families with fewer than 2.4 children.

Regards John

On 11/9/2018 at 7:35 PM, john watson said:

If the £1 for 3rd and 4th passenger is exclusively for passengers under 16 years of age, it will not have an effect on excessive drinking of alcohol on board on two night or any other cruise length.  On the face of it it looks like a brilliant way to market holiday cruises to families with fewer than 2.4 children.

Regards John

I hope that there are not too many takers since we always book outside school holidays having had a couple of cruises spoiled by rowdy teenagers.

32 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope that there are not too many takers since we always book outside school holidays having had a couple of cruises spoiled by rowdy teenagers.

I assume you mean those teenagers who use the main family pool during the day as I've never come across loud behaviour elsewhere on any ship during the day.

I've found "rowdy teenagers" usually segregate themselves from the general populous on P&O ships. During the evenings they take themselves to the sports courts or highest deck away from any adults. Perhaps you have just been unlucky.