Silhouette in Jan/Feb 2020

Jay Bee

The Silhouette cruises from early January to mid February have disappeared from the website. Since we're booked on one of the missing cruises, I can't say I'm exactly pleased. Our booking is (as yet) unchanged, but the phone people say the cruise is "out of the inventory" and they have no clue why. Charter? Dry dock?

Edit: Now I see that the Revolution for the ship is in January. It was supposed to be finished by Jan 24 I think. Maybe it got extended. 

Edited by Jay Bee
additional info

Just now, BettyCruiser said:

The schedule says Silhouette Revolution completed January 31 2020, so I'm guessing January would be dry dock and February might require a redeploy plan.

Thanks. I hadn't considered they might need extra time to get the ship where it needs to be. We were supposed to leave on Feb. 2.

35 minutes ago, 39august said:

We are booked for b2b starting Feb. 14. Is all of Feb. missing from the inventory?

No, so far it's only up until your date. No one at Celebrity has any info except that the two cruises prior to yours are closed to new bookings yet they haven't canceled existing bookings. It sounds to me like they're trying to figure out how long the Revolution is going to take.

3 hours ago, Jay Bee said:

Thanks. I hadn't considered they might need extra time to get the ship where it needs to be. We were supposed to leave on Feb. 2.

We're booked on this trip as well! The previous dry dock for Reflection was not far from Ft. Lauderdale. It was a short sail. If the Revolution is scheduled to be done by the end of January, I wouldn't think much time would be required to get her to port. Will be interested to find out! 🙂

41 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

We're booked on this trip as well! The previous dry dock for Reflection was not far from Ft. Lauderdale. It was a short sail. If the Revolution is scheduled to be done by the end of January, I wouldn't think much time would be required to get her to port. Will be interested to find out! 🙂

Good to know. Previously, Silhouette was scheduled to be back in service on Jan 24. Now it's listed as Jan. 31. There must be scheduling issues.

8 minutes ago, nancyshaw said:

so what happens in this case if the cruise is not going to be available...deposit refunds ? anything else?

Apparently, it's not a standard answer and can vary with the cruise. I was told that in the event the cruise is cancelled we would be given the opportunity to rebook a different date, keeping any price/perk advantages we previously had. They would also compensate with some OBC. I don't know how it would work if a different itinerary or cabin category was chosen. Of course, you can always forget it and get your deposit back. I would imagine that would even hold if you booked a lower fare in exchange for a nonrefundable deposit.

I've been checking every other day to see if our Feb 2/20 trip is back in the inventory. Not yet, but I did go into my account under future cruises to see if anything had changed, and it hasn't. The cruise is still showing.

We will be on board the same trip in Jan/19 (can hardly wait!!) and will talk to future cruises then and see if they have any info.

When I booked a b2b for Feb. 14 and 23 I had no idea about the dry dock. I have no desire to take a cruise 1 or even 2 weeks after a ship returns from a major overhaul. I will be canceling these two cruises. I have spoken to too many people who have been disappointed in the unfinished state of a ship immediately after dry dock.  Fortunately, I recently booked Reflection for just before this date, intending to cancel one or the other anyway.  I wish everyone booked on these dates a happy outcome. 

Yes, they left a phone message (which was a little hard to hear). One of the recommended was the Feb 23 sailing; others were similar itineraries around the original time frame on other ships. I got the impression you could choose your trip and present it to them as an option. And the OBC is $200/stateroom, not per person.

1 hour ago, Jay Bee said:

Yes, they left a phone message (which was a little hard to hear). One of the recommended was the Feb 23 sailing; others were similar itineraries around the original time frame on other ships. I got the impression you could choose your trip and present it to them as an option. And the OBC is $200/stateroom, not per person.

When I checked my email I had one from our big box TA. This cruise is now 14 days (1/31 - 2/14) and price protected. Obviously the cat is out of the bag because our cabin is already taken but 14 nights - yay!

FYI -- the super bowl is 2/2/20 in Miami.  You might want to reconsider a different time frame if you're planning on booking around 1/31 and planning a pre-cruise stay in the area.  I was able to grab a same-category cabin on 2/23/20.  It's a little later than I want to cruise, but I wanted the same itinerary.