Gluten Free dining on the Odessy

jaicat

What is it like for gluten free people? Is there a good selection of gluten free options and pasta, Pizza, deserts, snacks etc? Can you ask in advance for a particular menu item to be prepared gluten free every day?

Grateful for any responses.

I am interested too.  Mrs Texanaust was just diagnosed with Coeliac and is now GF.  If there are no replies, we are leaving on the Ovation in a few days, so will give you an update on what we find.  Given that Seabourn will essentially cook you anything (they have) with 24hours notice, I would think anything is possible.  Hopefully!!!!

12 hours ago, texanaust said:

I am interested too.  Mrs Texanaust was just diagnosed with Coeliac and is now GF.  If there are no replies, we are leaving on the Ovation in a few days, so will give you an update on what we find.  Given that Seabourn will essentially cook you anything (they have) with 24hours notice, I would think anything is possible.  Hopefully!!!!

I have been on Seabourn for over 200 days of cruising and I have Celiac. The menu was given to me by the maitre' D during dinner and I chose what I wanted for the next evening. I was totally accommodated even when they had to tweak a dish. They had GF pasta and pizza and could prepare anything that is breaded or floured GF. For breakfast there was always GF toast (just ask for it) And at lunch there were salads and seafood. Any hamburger can be ordered without the bun. So it was easy!!!

I’m coming up, in a month, to my first Seabourn cruise and I also have celiac. I’ve informed SB of it, it is on my file. That said, I’ve never had an issue with any other cruise line. On Crystal, they went out of their way, especially at tea time, to have something just for me and I presume that it will be the same here. On Princess last year, I as given the next night’s menu in the dining room to insure that I was taken care of. Therefore, I totally agree with the suggestions and I know that I will be fine and taken Well Cared of. 

Ask to meet with the head chef when you board and tell him you are celiac.     We try to eat gluten free but celiac is gluten free times 10. Seabourn, more than any cruise line we've been on, will do hand stands and back flips to ensure you're dietary needs are met.

One of the main reasons we chose Seabourn time and time again is because they start with such high quality food, they don't need to smother it with sauces and spices to make it taste good. Me - I can't eat onions which always added as a cheap flavor enhancer on junk food.  Seabourn starts with excellent food so onions and spices aren't needed.

• 1 month later...

Hey all: my wife and I just came home from the Odyssey (Barbados to Sint Maarten) and  I can report on this topic. The only gluten free problem that I had was TOO MANY options at every meal. It was wonderful. I had gluten free pancakes at breakfast half the time (best to order the day before) and the lunches in the Colonnade were awesome. Now, I need to not eat for a month to make to get back to control. From someone with Celiac, Superbly done, Seabourn Odyssey!