Mahogany Bay similiar to Grand Turk?

I'm researching beaches etc for my upcoming Magic trip going to Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel.  Plans set for Grand Cayman and Cozumel, but looking for suggestions in Mahogany Bay and Belize.  It looks like Mahogany Bay is similar to Grand Turk, in that, you can get off the ship and have access a free beach with a free beach chair relatively close.  Is that correct?  And if so, why would Carnival sell an excursion for something you can do for free?

Also, any tips for Belize?  We've got snorkel lovers and white sand beach lovers on this trip.  Usually hard to find both at the same beach.  Any help is greatly appreciated!! 

Sailing in 71 days woohoo!!

Well yes Mahogany Bay is much like Grand Turk in that there is a beach in walking distance.  Ok it is more of a walk at Mahogany Bay. But then there is a arial chair that will take you over and back for like 5 bucks round trip.  Also it had what i call a tourist compound for shopping and places to get food and drinks.  Also to go off the compound takes a tour or taxi.   

belize is tendered.  I dont do much there but maybe walk down town. Did do the cave tubing once.  It wasnt exactly what i thought but wasnt bad either.   If you walk down town cross that arched bridge to the left, after that it gets seedy fast.  That is my humble opinion

Go to the ports board

I believe Roatan has many more options for the island than Grand Turk.

we love snorkeling and sand....both found at Roatan, but belize not so much on the top beaches lol, but can snorkel the second largest barrier reef!

Mahogany Bay is one of my favorite ports. There is a really nice beach that is about a 10 minute walk once you debark the ship. There is also a chair ride you can take to the beach, which I believe cost $12 round trip per person when we were last there this past July.  The chair ride usually takes longer to get to the beach due to lines to buy tickets and then for the ride itself, but it is well worth the relatively short wait.  The beach and water is beautiful, nicer than Grand Turk in my opinion. However, it doesn’t have s pool like Grand Turk, if that is important to you. 

Mahogany Bay is adjacent to the pier as is the beach at Grand Turk.  For us, that's where the similarities end. 

The water at MB is usually cloudy and it feels slimy underfoot due to the crushed limestone that Carnival used to "enhance" its man made beach (used to be Coral Cay).  No white sand or blue water here.

The differences at Grand Turk grow as one walks down that beach away from the crowds.  The food stands serve local food, the water is bright aqua blue and the beach is nice and sandy.

Belize sadly doesn't have any beaches, but it has access to all sorts of snorkel and diving sites and tours (as well as Mayan ruins such as Xanantunich and Lamanai).  

I would suggest your group go to Tabayana in Roatan, where you have a Caribbean beach and can snorkel from the shore, and plan a short walk to Jack's Shack or another local outfit in Grand Turk.

The beach in Mahogany Bay is ok if you want to save money.  I enjoyed the chair lift - views are nice from up there.  We've also been scuba diving there with Anthony's Key Resort twice.  Water is warm & they are a good outfit - it's who Carnival goes through.  I know there are nicer beaches there - I just haven't been to them.  

In Belize, we've done River Wallace & Altun Ha through Carnival.  I thought it was interesting, but I'm pretty sure we went on the hottest day of the year, so it was a bit on the hot side.  Trust me, if I say it's hot, it's stifling.  Our neighbors went to Starfish Island through Carnival & a dolphin was swimming among them out in the water.  We've also done cavetubing through cavetubing dot bz - booked independently.  We went ziplining with Chukka through Carnival.  That was also fun.  We've also done a snorkel trip that left from the ship - saw reef sharks & stingrays and of course, lots of other fish.  

In Roatan we went to Tabyana Beach.  White sand beach and the most AMAZING snorkeling right off the beach.  Huge schools of bright colored fish, lobsters, huge groupers and incredible coral.  

I've heard that the excursion to Rendezvous Caye in Belize is pretty good.  Tiny little white sand beach island with crazy good snorkeling off shore.  We're going to try it in February when we're there.

Since you say you have 'snorkel lovers' and 'white sand beach lovers' to please, I'd say Tabyana Beach is a no brainer since it has both.

Edited by PrincessJul
add