vaccines

EAGLESLOVER

You should consult your doctor, no one here knows your medical profile.

CDC highly recommends Hep A for possible food/water contamination.  There's a combo shot that includes Hep B, get it if you haven't already.  Note it's like 3 shots over several months.

We go to China every couple of years to visit the in-laws, SWMBO made me get the Hep A&B before our first trip many moons ago; other than that just the annual flu shot.

Edited by Philob

China doesn't have requirements for visas [except yellow fever IF you are traveling from certain countries]. Haven't been to Japan or S Korea but you can surely look at their govt websites which have entry information? You can also check the US State Dept (state.gov) but they will tell you that the country's own website/officials are the final word on the subject. That's requirements.

For what you need, check with your doctor and/or CDC Traveler infov - cdc.gov/traveler

I personally have had everything that is age appropriate and has been recommended for any of my trips. I take malaria prevention pills and use deet where appropriate (and some places where others wouldn't because mosquitos REALLY love me). I've had all the heps and yellow fever and polio and tyhpoid and typhus and....But I also work in global health and I travel to villages, not main cities, in developing countries.

Talk to a medical professional (some family docs are NOT up to date on travel immunizations and will use websites like CDC for info - they can also confer with colleagues) You could also go to a travel clinic. There are some shots (like yellow fever in my state) that can be hard to find - I had to go to a travel clinic to find that. Then make a decision on your own.  I am VERY pro immunization. Others aren't. But for me, because I am not contra-indicated for any of the immunizations we're discussing - I always recommend immunizing.

Edited by Hoyaheel