Disembarking Island Princess in Whittier

Bubbs33

We sail on the Island Princess July 2019. Its our first cruise ever  I have researched options to transfer from Whittier to Anchorage and we have decided on a car rental.  We disembark at Whittier (ship docks at 12:30am) and currently have a car rental reservation with Avis in Whittier for 8am. I understand the Avis offices opens at 8am. I also understand the tunnel opens for northbound traffic on the hour for 15min.  So is it reasonable that we would be able to disembark before 8am, walk to Avis (8 Harbour St) and once loaded be in line for the tunnel for 9am to 9:15 access? I am not familiar with how the order of disembarking works for passengers or the timing.  Thank you in advance for insights and prior experience.

Reasonable. If nothing else, just get in line for the tunnel. It may be northbound 9:00-9:15, but that's split into a sequence. I think it's cars first, then buses, then trucks; the spacing between is adjusted based on the rescue capabilities. My point here is to say that you want to be queued up in time for the tunnel opening.