Getting Passport Stamped

TechKnowBabble

I would like to get my passport stamped of the countries we visit. I had read somewhere that you have to have it done by the purser or something when you leave that country.

Has anyone had their passport stamped and how does it work?

Also, this being my first passport, after it's expired I get to keep it right? I just pay for a new one?

Thanks for any info!!!

We were on a TransAtlantic cruise this past Sept. We got our passports stamped at the airport going into England, Then we were stamped in Amsterdam. We left the ship early in the morning and they were outside stamping, but they were not there in the afternoon. We got a homeland security stamp on our arrival back to the US. No where else did we get stamped. Pat

We just returned form the Millie Holiday cruise. The ship kept our passport the whole time. When we recieved them they had some stamps in them. Then when we left Chile they got stamped at immigration.

I would like to get my passport stamped of the countries we visit. I had read somewhere that you have to have it done by the purser or something when you leave that country.

Has anyone had their passport stamped and how does it work?

Also, this being my first passport, after it's expired I get to keep it right? I just pay for a new one?

Thanks for any info!!!

I know that in the Caribbean most of the British Ports used to accomodate.

Barbados, for sure - I belive Antigua did as well - the French ports - Fuggedabout it. Venezuela will stamp.

When you are ready to renew your passport you will be sending the old one back but you will get it back to keep. When it is returned to you it will have two small holes in it but otherwise will look the same.

When you travel in other areas of the world, (eg, Europe, Asia, etc.) and the cruise ship purser holds your passport they will not be stamped as you cruise to various countries.

Keith

If you're talking about getting stamps from Caribbean islands or Mexico, you can pretty much forget about that, unless you want to waste your time by going out to the airport and getting stamps. Some islands will stamp them at the post office, but again, do you really want to waste precious time by hunting down these places just for a stamp? If you want passport stamps, you pretty much have to cruise Europe, Asia or South America, but even then, unless you're on one of the luxury lines, they don't stamp passports because Celebrity or RCCI doesn't take your passports and keep them until the cruise is over. On Seabourn and Crystal, they collect your passports, and the local authorities come on board and stamp passports while you're off on tours. You don't get your passports back until the day before your cruise ends. I have quite a collection of lovely, and interesting, stamps from all over the world, but these came when I cruised on Seabourn, Crystal and Silversea. When I cruised the Med on RCCI, they didn't take our passports, so no stamps from that trip.

Archived