Thalassotherapy Pool

TechKnowBabble

I have been reading Chester's WONDERFUL book (What Time is the Midnight Buffet?) and he keeps mentioning how wonderful the Thalassotherapy pool is. I know it's free for those in suites, we are in a standard verandah cabin on Summit. Is there a cost for it? If so does anyone know how much?

Thanks for any info!

I have been reading Chester's WONDERFUL book (What Time is the Midnight Buffet?) and he keeps mentioning how wonderful the Thalassotherapy pool is. I know it's free for those in suites, we are in a standard verandah cabin on Summit. Is there a cost for it? If so does anyone know how much?

Thanks for any info!

I believe it is free for everyone on the Millennium Class ships. It certainly was on our Alaska cruise on the Infinity in 2004, and on The Constellation in the Baltics in 2005.

And it is great. I used it a lot!!!! Every sea day and often after a tiring excursion.

what's the story on this book? Is this published and found in a bookstore near me? I know Chester's reviews have been great reads.

It details Chester and his wife's first cruise. It is a superbly written book, IMHO I have about 20 pages left to go. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone thinking about taking a cruise or even if you are a veteran cruiser

thanks for everyones input. I am glad to know we can be relaxing there AND no little ones there, even better :)

Don't count on no little ones in the T-pool. On one of our Alaska cruises, there was a family who was in the pool every day with a little kid (3-4 yrs. old) and a baby (12-15 mos. old...yes, with diaper). I have to say that they weren't bothersome, except I don't like the idea of untrained children in the water with me. No one said anything to them.

The T-pool and Aquaspa Cafe are my favorite places on the Millenium Class ships. It's wonderfully relaxing when you come back from shore excursions.

As a side note, be sure to use an old swim suit in the pool as it fades everything. I carefully rinsed my suit after each use of the pool and still it faded. i have tried 3 different suits on three different cruises and it always fades the fabric. Yes, it's free on all M class ships and although kids aren't allowed, i have seen a few in the pool.

Don't count on no little ones in the T-pool. On one of our Alaska cruises, there was a family who was in the pool every day with a little kid (3-4 yrs. old) and a baby (12-15 mos. old...yes, with diaper). I have to say that they weren't bothersome, except I don't like the idea of untrained children in the water with me. No one said anything to them.

The T-pool and Aquaspa Cafe are my favorite places on the Millenium Class ships. It's wonderfully relaxing when you come back from shore excursions.

Hmmmm....I'm not known for avoiding any confrontations IF needed, I would say something to them if there was a child with a diaper in there. If I wanted to play in the baby pool I would.

That diaper situation is definately a health code violation....especially on a cruise ship.

In regards to the first post....how much IS the cost of using the T-pool on a C-class ship if you are just in a regular inside cabin?

Thank you,

Frank D.

We've got a thread dedicated to the topic over here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=276395

As a side note, be sure to use an old swim suit in the pool as it fades everything. I carefully rinsed my suit after each use of the pool and still it faded. i have tried 3 different suits on three different cruises and it always fades the fabric.

And don't wear any jewelry.

Archived