Things I should be doing before my Costa Cruise

dbuckho

My wife, 2 boys ages 8 and 2, and I are traveling on the Luminosa leaving Venice on December 29th.  

Last winter we took our first cruise on Royal Caribbean and I feel like there where a dozen+ things to do ahead of time - i.e. looking for the right pre-sale on the drink packages and internet, planning out cruise excursions, and getting familiar with RCC's operations and policies in general.  For this cruise we are in a Grand Suite which includes the drink package (Intenditore) and most of the ports we just plan to walk out and explore (tours booked for two of the stops).  And it doesn't seem like they offer any advance discounts on the extras anyways - so even if I knew what internet plan I need to purchase (no idea of our potential data usage), not sure if that really needs to be booked in advance.

It may just be that there are so many more posts over on the RCC forum vs. here, causing the feeling/pressure of needing to be prepared.  But wanted to ask if there are any other advance things I should be taking care of or on-ship information to research 48 days out?  Thanks for any guidance.

Hi,

The internet is expensive on board you will find several package's that you can purchase once on board, 50 Euros per week for average use, BUT, make sure that every time you stop using even for a short while SIGN OUT, quite often new users leave it signed in and lose the whole weeks worth in a couple of hours.

As you are in a grand suite you get priority boarding go to desk marked suites and you will be allowed to board straight away, regardless of number you are given on entry, you can also eat in the Club restaurant or if you prefer the MDR (see your butler to arrange this) the Intenditore gives you a whole range of drinks and a better choice of wine don't be afraid to ask for something different if you don't like one. Fresh squeezed OJ is also included in some bars, and the mini-bar in your cabin. Ask if you would like something like beers or colas for the kids. 

Although tours are expensive they normally are worth it, there is also a package, your butler or personal crew member will book them for you as a suite guest (see news sheet in cabin once on board)

Any direct question just ask in most days and have done 300 days with Costa.