Christ church cruise port location

detindy

We are on the viking orion dec 30th new zealand/australia trip and are trying to determine where the ship docks when visiting Christ Church........Lyttleton or Akaroa?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Viking Sun/World Cruise made Viking's first and only calls in AUS/NZ this past spring as part of Viking's inaugural world cruise. From what I can gather on the internet, the Lyttleton Cruise terminal was damaged in the 2011 earthquake and is not expected to be ready until the 2019-20 cruise season. However, a look at the ships due to dock at Akaroa does not include Viking ships. 

With this conflicting and confusing information, I would contact Viking directly (tellus@vikingcruises.com) and ask--and even then I would take it with a grain of salt because regardless of Viking is told now as to where they will be docking, this could change.

59 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Cruise ship schedule shows you docking in Lyttleton

Just curious, was Akaroa always a docking option (for all lines, not just Viking) or just a alternative while Lyttleton was "out of service".  Another way of asking is, once Lyttleton is back in service will stops scheduled for Akaroa switch to Lyttleton.  

The schedule showed a couple of Princess Ships & a HAL ship using Akaroa. Personally, I haven't been there, only ever Lyttleton, but I know it is a longer drive to Christchurch.

You may have a better chance of getting an answer from locals on the New Zealand/Australia Board.