Best hotel near Path??

4 hours ago, New Mexico 8 said:

Please give me a few choices for hotels near Path going into the city.  We would like to catch a matinee ,catch the HOHO and visit Central park

Thank you..

4 hours ago, New Mexico 8 said:

Please give me a few choices for hotels near Path going into the city.  We would like to catch a matinee ,catch the HOHO and visit Central park

Thank you..

What are your exact dates, ship, number of people, and target hotel budget?  Are you flying into Newark or driving?

It looks like you're going on the Summit on 10/6/19 and I'm guessing you're flying in on 10/4/19.  Look at the Marriott Courtyard which has good refundable rates for those dates - $208 plus tax for Marriott rewards members (free to join). The hotel is right next to the Newport PATH station for weekend service direct to 33rd & 6th via Hoboken.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a good deal on the Hilton Newark Penn Station for next September (3 nights over a weekend - $143 USD for Fri/Sat and $71.50 for the Sunday)

https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-jersey/hilton-newark-penn-station-EWRHGHF/index.html

It's attached to Newark Penn and takes you into New York Penn on NJ Transit/Amtrak commuter lines or to the WTC on PATH

On 11/11/2018 at 9:42 PM, New Mexico 8 said:

Thank you..

If this is your first time to the city and if only for a night or two....I would bite the bullet and stay IN the city.  Carol has posted numerous times of reasonable hotels in the city (You can just start scanning the threads, they are there).   Having a close hotel to stop back at during the day for a quick toilet break, drop off any stuff you buy or just a short sit down catch  your breath is worth the extra money spent to stay in the city. (IMO). 

22 hours ago, New Mexico 8 said:

Thank you for all the suggestions.. I'll have choices to think about..

Please feel free to post back with questions.  You have to balance time, money, and stress by looking at location, hotel cost, and transportation costs.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:57 PM, New Mexico 8 said:

Thank you for all the suggestions.. I'll have choices to think about..

Before deciding on a hotel, it's really important to understand how PATH operates on Saturday and Sunday in relation to where you want to spend your time in Manhattan.  Please look at this map - http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps.html

What it's telling you is that on a Sat or Sun, if you stay at Exchange Place, you will have to transfer at Grove St to get the 33rd St train and if you stay at Newport, you will have to transfer at Grove St to get the World Trade train.  This is not a big deal, but it does add time to your trips and can be confusing if you're not used to public transit.

You said you wanted to go to midtown.  The Courtyard, the Doubletree, and the Westin are close to the Newport Station.