Privacy

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

How do I keep my followed content private

Do you mean that you do not want others to see that you are following a particular thread or a particular forum?

If so:-

• Go to the thread or forum concerned.
  • At the top of the thread/forum, above the blue button for "Reply to this topic" or "Start new topic" respectively, there is a small box. If you are following that thread/forum, it will say "Following". Click that word.
  • A drop-down will appear and show you options. The last option is a check box for "Let others see that I follow this". Uncheck it, then click "Update preferences".

54 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

I don't know, but you can still definitely follow threads and forums. And some people may not want others to know which threads and forums they are following.

That is  what I wondered

I know if someone posts in  a thread you can see that  but if they are just lurking  ..can people see you were there ?

I do not see anyplace  to "follow"  someone can you enlighten me  how to do that ?

not that I want to follow anyone just curious

24 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I know if someone posts in  a thread you can see that  but if they are just lurking  ..can people see you were there ?

Not any more. When the new software was first installed, you could see where a member was last looking, including which thread they were viewing. That has now been disabled.

24 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I do not see anyplace  to "follow"  someone can you enlighten me  how to do that ?

No, I can't see any way to do this either. My impression is the same as yours: this is disabled.

so post #3 is  confusing  since  no one can "follow" you  unless you post in a forum

I checked on a profile that had 20 posts 

checked  the persons posts  yes counted 20

clicked on Topics in their profile  7 topics

no where did I see anywhere that they may have been lurking

JMO

If someone wants to be bothered to follow me  in a public forum hope they enjoy the trip 😉 

16 hours ago, LHT28 said:

so post #3 is  confusing  since  no one can "follow" you  unless you post in a forum

I think you might want to read the posts in this thread again? None of this thread has been about members following members. I have only posted about members following threads, or members following forums.

23 hours ago, LHT28 said:

That is  what I wondered

not that I want to follow anyone just curious

If a lurker (one who reads but doesn't post) has chosen to subscribe/follow to a thread so that they get notifications about that thread, then their name will be shown in the list of those following the thread, unless they opt out of being shown as a follower as explained above.

Just visiting a thread does not make you a follower and you cannot be seen.

so in order to see who is following the thread  you would need to click on each thread & see who in following it

this thread has 3 followers  but only  PEREGRINA is shown

If someone wanted to follow  the OP  they would have to check all threads to see what ones they are following

in the 1st few days of the  update  you could click on the Person's I.D  & click on FOLLOW  but  I believe that was disabled

Correct??

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

If someone wanted to follow  the OP  they would have to check all threads to see what ones they are following

No, that is not correct. If someone wants to follow the OP's posts, all they need to do is to set up an Activity Stream that does that. What the OP chooses to post is public, and so it can be pretty easily found.

However, I don't think that this is anything to do with what the OP was asking about. I think that the OP wants to know whether and how someone can see what the OP follows, and how to stop that happening. That's a different issue entirely.