Low MSC Employee Reviews, BBB Rating

Stateroom_Sailor

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MSC-Cruises-Reviews-E702756.htm

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/fort-lauderdale/profile/cruises/msc-cruises-inc-0633-14001025

Glancing around at the different mass market cruise lines, I noticed that MSC scored the poorest on these two websites.  I've never been on MSC, so have no bias either way, other than noticing the 2 week Caribbean cruise that seemed unique.  What do you make of this, and does it match any of your experience dealing with problems, or employee morale?  

2 hours ago, Até said:

The Glassdoor site employee reviews explains a lot.  Most are form the Fort Lauderdale call center and customer service.  Matches what I've been told by numerous PVC's.

I agree, taking a closer look.  The staff onboard the ship are unlikely to use Glassdoor unless they're from Northern America.  

Also, the BBB complaints are representative of resolution (or lack their of), once the complaint is brought to them.  MSC's customer service beforehand, good or bad, doesn't necessarily reflect.  I had to open a BBB complaint against Carnival after 4 months of getting no where, which was resolved within 48 hours, hence their A+ rating.

I've been dealing with FLL call center in regards to some over charging on a booking sailing next week. I must say,  I give it 0/10 ... If you have to deal with anyone in regards to fixing errors  / over charges... Good luck... I'm going through it and it's a disaster. 

13 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Do you book MSC to cruise or go work for them? I find your concern re their employee reviews a bit strange.

Did you bother to go through and read what the PVC's and customer service reps were saying?  It relates to 90% of the booking complaints seen on this site.  Even if you deal with MSC through a TA it has relevance to your overall experience as they describe the heavy corporate/top management oversight that is also felt on the ships.  How many people come here and complain staff on the ship took three days to resolve their problem.  Staff are too afraid or not empowered to resolve problems and are waiting for corporate to make all the decisions.  It all does have an effect on my experience, so I would like to see MSC with better employee reviews.

I found it not surprising that their customer reps complained consistently about MSC's website. Their comments were exactly what I experienced. Every rep I have spoken with (except one) has been very helpful but are held hostage by a very defective website. I try to be kind and understanding. What else can a customer do?  Get mad at the poor rep?