Will my pre booked drinks package be affected?

MrsDusty

7 hours ago, sidari said:

Hamrag ... Yes it does say that and once confirmed, booked and paid for that is the contract.

Hi all,

I'm booked, confirmed and paid in full for my first MSC cruise in July, 2018.  I booked two Aurea suites that initially included the Classic drink package.  I emailed my contact person who booked me at MSC to ask about what drink package I would receive and I was answered the "Easy Package".  I emailed back and said I was very disappointed with the downgrade and asked if I shouldn't be given what I paid for.  I'll let this thread know if I get a different answer.  

I think it's awful for MSC to downgrade what customers have already agreed to and paid for. 

Thank you for this thread!

16 minutes ago, tymike said:

Hi all,

I'm booked, confirmed and paid in full for my first MSC cruise in July, 2018.  I booked two Aurea suites that initially included the Classic drink package.  I emailed my contact person who booked me at MSC to ask about what drink package I would receive and I was answered the "Easy Package".  I emailed back and said I was very disappointed with the downgrade and asked if I shouldn't be given what I paid for.  I'll let this thread know if I get a different answer.  

I think it's awful for MSC to downgrade what customers have already agreed to and paid for. 

Thank you for this thread!

Unfortunately, I believe your contact person is incorrect. Per management at MSC USA:  "I can tell you that people who have booked any other drink package previously will still get that drink package." For new bookings, yes, Aurea will get the Easy Package and for Yacht Club, the Premium Plus package. I have attached the inclusions for each package below, however, this is specific to the Caribbean.

Bret

Bev Package Specs.png

• Like 1

Bret, thanks for the update. I am still confused on the “ booked any other drink package will still get that drink package.”  I purchased the classic package for my Divina cruise in a couple weeks that had max price points . Ie cocktails under x dollars. The drink prices have now risen above the “x” $.  Does that mean my selection is more limited or are they going to ignore the new prices?

2 minutes ago, Janedoe2012 said:

Bret, thanks for the update. I am still confused on the “ booked any other drink package will still get that drink package.”  I purchased the classic package for my Divina cruise in a couple weeks that had max price points . Ie cocktails under x dollars. The drink prices have now risen above the “x” $.  Does that mean my selection is more limited or are they going to ignore the new prices?

My understanding from the conversation is that new drink prices will have no effect. Whatever drinks were available on the "old" Classic menu will still be available even at the new price points.

Bret

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

My understanding from the conversation is that new drink prices will have no effect. Whatever drinks were available on the "old" Classic menu will still be available even at the new price points.

Bret

I'm somewhat appeased if we still have the Classic package.  Any idea if they're grandfathering us in to the old structure in general?  For example, I booked Aurea months ago.  If I want to upgrade that, can I upgrade based on the old structure to Deluxe?  If my only option to upgrade is to premium, I won't be upgrading.  It's more important to keep the kids and hubby happy with gelato, smoothies, and shakes than to have my hourly mojito habit on vacation.  I've submitted this as a question both through the site and my travel agent, but we haven't heard back.  

Bret ... Thanks for posting the details of what is included in the new packages, I think people are allowing themselves to be blinded by the prices instead of checking out what the old packages included. I posted those details yesterday but from the UK brochure that includes Caribbean packages.

I also think the Easy package for Aurea is a downgrade especially for us in the UK, for our Miami cruises we upgrade to the Deluxe as we have for the Divina Xmas sailing and the two previous Seaside sailings party for the mini bar and at around $8 pp pd was reasonable as drinks in the US are more expensive than Europe, in order to do the same on Meraviglia Xmas 19 and in order to have the mini bar and drinks that were part of the Deluxe we would now have to pay $44 pp pd ! Not going to happen and likely nor will the cruise.

Edited by sidari

Thank you for those lists Bret, I most certainly hope they will be allowing us to have the drinks in the packages we've booked and paid for! We have 2 Aurea sailings and although the beer and wine selection is consistent on Easy, the cocktails and spirits are nowhere near the previous selection and cover nothing I like. Our Aurea sailings are not until 2019 and 2020 so I've a long wait to find out.

4 hours ago, sidari said:

I think people are allowing themselves to be blinded by the prices instead of checking out what the old packages included.  

In the US the old packages on MSC website still do include old drink price limits so I don't think we were blinded at all. 

I appreciate Bretts report that the new drink prices will not have an affect on the old packages. Next I wish MSC would say so.

I think MSC has created their own IT nightmare if they have different sets of pricing of drinks to track plus different sets of packages.    Do they have a complex enough system to track this?  We all know the answer to that.

I'm afraid to make things simpler they just switch to Easy or Premium.  Fortunately, I have a few months to watch what happens.  

Edited by cathep

1 hour ago, Todd320 said:

In the US the old packages on MSC website still do include old drink price limits so I don't think we were blinded at all. 

I appreciate Bretts report that the new drink prices will not have an affect on the old packages. Next I wish MSC would say so.

No its not. I looked yesterday and its new package

Todd ... On Miami sailings people knew what was or was not included in a given package by the number of asterisks rather than by $, the UK website now has the new per item prices which it never had before prior to the new packages.

4 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

No its not. I looked yesterday and its new package

I"m sorry for the confusion ,what I should of said is the comparison guide between the old drink packages is still on the US MSC

website as of today.  It still has the drink limits from the old packages.

Will They change from Drink on us to the Easy package, or Will They still have both on the Seaside. Do any one know something about This. We are on a sailing the 13 th of april. If They only have the Easy package Will They then drop the 15 % service charge.

I received this reply to my email. I'll be taking it with me on our Meraviglia cruise:
Dear xxxxxx

I have looked into this for you and I have been advised that you will receive the drinks package you paid for as it was booked and added to your booking before the drinks packages were amended on 12th November.

Kind Regards,
Sophie Betchley
Booking Manag

5 minutes ago, Sue'n'Steve said:

I received this reply to my email. I'll be taking it with me on our Meraviglia cruise:
Dear xxxxxx

I have looked into this for you and I have been advised that you will receive the drinks package you paid for as it was booked and added to your booking before the drinks packages were amended on 12th November.

Kind Regards,
Sophie Betchley
Booking Manag

Looks like the standard reply for anyone asking its the same reply I got and from the same person

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I think I'm going to print out the bar menu's that have been shown on here and take them with me, at least I'll know which drinks were included in my package.

That is exactly what I have done.  Got them all printed and in a folder with my other cruise docs. Also printed out the Classic Package terms and the DOU pdf comparison chart.

• Like 1

another email from MSC

Good Morning Mr Arnold,

Thank you for your email.

You will receive the benefits for the Classic package, if you wish to upgrade you will need to select the new Premium drinks package up to the cost of €10 or $12 or the Premium Plus package has no price limit.

Kind Regards,

Sophie Betchley

Booking Management

So I have replied back sayingthat this doesn't answer my question as before there we drinks with asterisks showing the drinks you couldn't get.

Awaiting an email back

Edited by ikea logistics

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

That is exactly what I have done.  Got them all printed and in a folder with my other cruise docs. Also printed out the Classic Package terms and the DOU pdf comparison chart.

Hi, could you send me the old drink prices menu. Thanks 

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

can i have those as well please