Anyone ever used AirBnb pre or post cruise

Action Dave

• 1 month later...

We booked a 2bdrm/2bath on 2nd Ave for our cruise next summer.  I have never used Airbnb, but after much research, I felt very comfortable using it this time.  We are going to be in Seattle for 3 nights pre cruise & hotel rooms are so expensive! We are renting a car for 1 day & will use taxis, when necessary, for sightseeing . We saved a few hundred booking Airbnb instead of 2 hotel rooms.

Air BnB can be a good choice but you should follow a few simple things to make sure you get a good unit and will not have problems.  I own and operate units that are listed on Air BnB so I understand how they work. 

Two things are important if you want to know you will have a good trip with Air BnB. First try to look for Superhost listings. Superhost have been on Air BnB for at least 3 months, have done no less than 10 rentals and have received at least 5 reviews from guests.  The second thing is to read the reviews and the listing completely, including the house rules.  If you do these two things the odds of having a great time and good rental are almost 100%.

Understand Air BnB really does very little checking of host. You can list units under any name you want,m you can open a Air BnB using a Facebook Account, only when it comes to payment is more checking done. Hosts are pay by Air BnB to a confirmed bank account.  So you can have bad Air BnB rentals like bad hotel rentals.  Air BnB gives you more flexibility than hotel rooms but less services are provide.

For example a prime 2 bedroom three bath  Waikiki Beach Condo complete with pool parking etc rents for $350 to $500 per night the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is about $400 per room and you would need two rooms to equal the one condo.