So..how did last week's Sunshine sailing go?

ProgRockCruiser

We sailed November 2, returning on Saturday the 10th. We had 18 in our group of family and friends.  To my knowledge, there were no major issues, however we were all on deck 8, midship and apparently a water line broke flooding the carpet in the hallway and in rooms a couple doors down from us. The staff were quick in getting the water cleaned up and the water line repaired. I believe there was some compensation for those affected, but don't know what. If you will be in that section, hope you have Maria as your room steward, she was so sweet and really good! Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by Bostwick girl
Added word.

14 days, 22 hrs, officially!

I wonder if we'll run into any of you folks over the course of the week?  Ah, maybe we should move this conversation to the Rollcall thread!

I do look forward to exploring a new-to-us ship.  "We" have only sailed on Liberty.  (I sailed on Elation a long time ago, in what seems like a former life now...)  We have a couple of cruises booked on different-layout ships in 2019 (Elation, Breeze), and then a cruise booked on Radiance (Sunshine-esque config) in 2020.  We like exploring nooks and crannies and odd spots...

4 hours ago, Poppy42 said:

Will be on the Sunshine 12/1 on deck 8.  ANy idea which rooms were flooded?

We were in rooms 8189, 8185 and 8181 balconies. 8181 got some flooding and a couple past them and the interior rooms across the hall. Our granddaughter and family was in 8187 interior, they had no flooding but the room next to them going forward did. I think a hot water pipe burst in the service closet between 8181 and 8177. Staff werethee quickly to repair, but there was a lady showering in 8177 apparently and they couldn't get her to shut off the water quickly.

hope you're in that area and have Maria as your stewardess, if you see her, you will know, she's so tiny, only about 4'8" or so.  Tell her Judy says hello!

Edited by Bostwick girl
Addition.

1 hour ago, Tommy friend said:

I see your name and do want to let you know there was no live rock music. We have really enjoyed some of the live rock bands on other sailings but this one had quite boring music to us 70s rock fans. 

That's OK - we enjoy a variety of musical styles, and possibly more importantly, since I play semi-pro, a little break wouldn't be the worst thing...

19 hours ago, Fergus said:

We're on the 12/1 sailing also - just peeking here to make sure there wasn't news of more mishaps!!  Counting down the days and can't wait to get on board for our vacay!!

We're on that sailing too. On deck 8 but not near where the flooding was.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:11 PM, Bostwick girl said:

We were in rooms 8189, 8185 and 8181 balconies. 8181 got some flooding and a couple past them and the interior rooms across the hall. Our granddaughter and family was in 8187 interior, they had no flooding but the room next to them going forward did. I think a hot water pipe burst in the service closet between 8181 and 8177. Staff werethee quickly to repair, but there was a lady showering in 8177 apparently and they couldn't get her to shut off the water quickly.

hope you're in that area and have Maria as your stewardess, if you see her, you will know, she's so tiny, only about 4'8" or so.  Tell her Judy says hello!

We're in 8152.  Thanks for the info.

DW and I sailed on 10-18 Nov.  No issues experienced.  Ship does seem to move more than others we've been on but not bad enough to complain.  We were on Deck 5 aft and noted very wet carpet but it stopped before getting to our cabin, 5323.   First time sailing on Carnival in over 25 years.  Overall very good cruise but my biggest complaint was the excessive loud noise from other pax.  OMG, slamming of cabin doors all night long, not just a few instances but between 40-50 times a night, yes I counted them as I couldn't sleep.  Started around 10 PM all the way to 4:30 AM, 6 of 8 nights.  Also parties in the hallways with people shouting and laughing at the top of their lungs.  Not sure if this was just an isolated incident on the Sunshine or is it common on other Carnival ships?  We thought an 8 night cruise would be somewhat more quiet during sleeping hours.  

16 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

DW and I sailed on 10-18 Nov.  No issues experienced.  Ship does seem to move more than others we've been on but not bad enough to complain.  We were on Deck 5 aft and noted very wet carpet but it stopped before getting to our cabin, 5323.   First time sailing on Carnival in over 25 years.  Overall very good cruise but my biggest complaint was the excessive loud noise from other pax.  OMG, slamming of cabin doors all night long, not just a few instances but between 40-50 times a night, yes I counted them as I couldn't sleep.  Started around 10 PM all the way to 4:30 AM, 6 of 8 nights.  Also parties in the hallways with people shouting and laughing at the top of their lungs.  Not sure if this was just an isolated incident on the Sunshine or is it common on other Carnival ships?  We thought an 8 night cruise would be somewhat more quiet during sleeping hours.  

I wonder if the cabin location you had was a factor: that is the same deck as many of the bars, and might attract clientele who want rooms "really close the action" where they can spill out of the bars and back to their room easily?

"Hey Garth, let's get rooms right behind the bars, we won't have to stumble down any stairs, and we can go back and forth to get drinks really easily!"  "Yeah, party on Wayne!"

JTB CRUISER-   just noticed we were on the same cruise as you ...so I m reaching out

to as many fellow passengers just in case someone knows something about my

missing camera  (   I just posted: REWARD OFFERED )

1 hour ago, balcap said:

JTB CRUISER-   just noticed we were on the same cruise as you ...so I m reaching out

to as many fellow passengers just in case someone knows something about my

missing camera  (   I just posted: REWARD OFFERED )

Sorry to hear you lost your camera.  Unfortunately, DW and I didn't see your camera and assuming you checked guest services.  We didn't exactly lose ours on this cruise but DW's digital camera somehow got a short and it got fried.  I was able to recover most of our photos by having an SD card, otherwise all would have been lost. Hoping to hear you get your camera back.  

1 hour ago, JTBCruiser said:

Sorry to hear you lost your camera.  Unfortunately, DW and I didn't see your camera and assuming you checked guest services.  We didn't exactly lose ours on this cruise but DW's digital camera somehow got a short and it got fried.  I was able to recover most of our photos by having an SD card, otherwise all would have been lost. Hoping to hear you get your camera back.  

As a retired professional photographer, I'd like to offer some advice to all.  Just because your SD card can hold thousands of pictures, don't do it.  Cards can fail.  I take at least one card per camera per day.  If a card should go bad, well I've lost one day's pics.  BTW, there are recovery programs but you'll probably not get them all back.