Mariner Society mess

BJzink

I have just checked my Mariner Society Status, and it is in a completely different format.  I have been checking every week since I debarked my cruise on Maasdam on October 14, 2018.  There was my points for the cruise days, but nothing for the shipboard credits.  I have all the receipts for the onboard purchases and the pre-cruise purchases.  The list of my points is consolidated for all cruises that I have taken - not broken down by cruise.  And.....nothing yet for the credits on Maasdam.   It also says that I have no previous cruises.  Looks like they don't want me to actually see the credits for each cruise.  I have tried to be patient, but this is too much.

I'm in the same position.  The details for our onboard spending for the recent 48 day Maasdam disembarkation on 10/28/18 is still not showing.  This affects reaching 5 star status for us.  Plus on board the ship, they missed posting a $42.50 ship board credit due us, but couldn't fix it after 3 attempts by me to show them what exactly went wrong.

My Mariner Account shows a bit differently in that the numbers for days and cruise day credits are correct, including the last cruise this past October.  Then, scrolling farther down, under "cruise history", I find "you do not have any past cruises". "If you have past cruises, these details along with your cruise credits will display here".  Not.

Well, HAL got our numbers updated, so that is a positive.  Good thing I printed out the two page accounting of our cruises in September when it was working.  

5 hours ago, Btimmer said:

I'm in the same position.  The details for our onboard spending for the recent 48 day Maasdam disembarkation on 10/28/18 is still not showing.  This affects reaching 5 star status for us.  Plus on board the ship, they missed posting a $42.50 ship board credit due us, but couldn't fix it after 3 attempts by me to show them what exactly went wrong.

You should be getting it soon, as my Oct. 24 ending cruise just showed up today (not quite three weeks).  It was a bit out of order, so had to search for the latest cruise.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

But, now I see I have never traveled with HAL, so my Mariner points must just be a gift.

Me too. dfish! Very generous to award points to those who have never cruised with them😂  I just made 2 stars so I'm a long way from having it make a difference in perks, but I do wish I had taken some screen shots of my Mariner status page before it changed.  I'm sure it will all eventually get straightened out, though.

1 hour ago, cruisebie said:

Me too. dfish! Very generous to award points to those who have never cruised with them😂  I just made 2 stars so I'm a long way from having it make a difference in perks, but I do wish I had taken some screen shots of my Mariner status page before it changed.  I'm sure it will all eventually get straightened out, though.

HAL was quite generous with me as I am 3 star and I used my star level for discounts on my last cruise.  I hope they don't figure out I really wasn't on the ship!

4 hours ago, ski ww said:
  1. What  is the reason giving by the Mariner Society when they are contacted? 

They don't say a darn thing.  Like everyone else, my Mariner Status page is all fouled up and when I questioned them via email here's the response I received (bolding and underlining mine):

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your recent Eurodam, September 29, 2018 voyage.  We are experiencing technical difficulties resulting in the sailing, onboard spending not populating to guest profiles.  We are working diligently to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. 

At this time we do not have an estimate of when the issue will be resolved and your history posted to your profile. Please know we value your loyalty and sincerely apologize for the delay.  Once this is resolved, all pending information will be processed and visible in your account.  No further action of follow up will be required for this to be processed.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay.  If you have any questions please let us know.  We hope to welcome you back onboard with us in the near future.

36 minutes ago, twodjs said:

It did take some time, but our points for days sailed, spending and a suite bonus are now correctly posted. Our cruise ended Oct. 3. Looks like they are getting the glitch corrected! 

HAL's web site problems are nothing when compared to Celebrity cruises who has had web site problems for years . We were at one time cruising on Celebrity ships exclusively  .Although we never  had problems with their web site, the Celebrity general board on CC was filled with on going web site problems .Guess we were lucky  .

The only problem we have come across with HALS web site was printing our luggage tags & boarding passes . So I phone HAL & they e-mailed them to us ,so I could print it out & we are all set  .For any cruise I always  do the pre boarding info right away  .

Ours is messed up, too.  

Last week our cruise history showed 34 cruise day credits for our recent cruise - not added into our total however.  Nothing for our bonus cruise days based on spending.  (We disembarked the 34 day cruise on 10/14/18.)

Today that 34 day cruise has entirely disappeared from our cruise history!

Since the 34 days put us into 3 star, I had called Mariner Society so we could be recognized on our cruise coming up next week.  A very helpful rep took care of making us 3 star and that does show in our accounts and on our boarding passes (even tho the total days are incorrect).  I did take a screen shot of our accounts last week to take along on our upcoming cruise.

Sure hope they get this straightened out SOON!

30 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Up until yesterday mine showed incorrect totals and no spending bonus for cruise spend on our cruise ending 18th October.  Today, all is correct!  Spend has been correctly updated and the total is now correct.

Good to hear all is correct!   

Update---I  emailed the Mariner Society website on Monday to ask if they could put my history back into the individual cruises format - amazing that on Tuesday I checked and it was there.  The only thing still missing is all the information about my latest cruise ending October 14, 2018, hope it appears soon.  If I don't see it by the end of this week, I'll call them.  I did send an email thanking them for changing the format back...….and I printed the whole history as it is now.