Texas City to Galveston

Starbright7966

I will be flying into HOU in May and plan on renting a car.  I noticed that I can only return the car to Texas City.  Does anyone know of a hotel there that shuttles to the cruise port?  Thank you for your help.  Last time we took Carnivals shuttle and it was an awful experience.  We waited at the airport for several hours for the shuttle. 

10 minutes ago, Starbright7966 said:

A day early.  And plan on staying a few days afterwards. 

When are you renting a car ? Whole time , before cruise or upon return from cruise . You say returning only to Texas City ? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 12:39 PM, Starbright7966 said:

I will be flying into HOU in May and plan on renting a car.  I noticed that I can only return the car to Texas City.  Does anyone know of a hotel there that shuttles to the cruise port?  Thank you for your help.  Last time we took Carnivals shuttle and it was an awful experience.  We waited at the airport for several hours for the shuttle. 

You might want to check out Enterprise Car Rental. I see that they're now doing one way rentals from HOU to Galveston and are open 7 days a week (although shortened hours on the weekend). A dummy booking showed some very decent prices.

If you are arriving early and staying a few days after , rent a car in IAH for whole time , if you are site seeing away from Galveston . and need a car . If only enjoying Galveston you can use hotels transfer services or ride trolley service or uber while in Galveston . Uber , Galvison Limo or Galveston Express to from airport/Galveston . 

Edited by ssb