Bugs & glitches all fixed?

26 minutes ago, seaknots said:

Must be as that forum has disappeared   🙄

Well, that's the theory.  There are no more bugs & glitches.  Just the routine errors that keep popping up.

They announced about a week ago that the Bugs & Glitches forum was going to be closed on Nov 5.  

Edited by Shmoo here

Think they have gone  - just when I was getting to like them - ....not!

I am working on an aged Win7 Laptop with firefox and the

Picture gallery at the bottom is replaced with links that presumably one could click to

see the pictures - if sad enough to do so  😈

( That is meant to be a devillish grin - more like a  cheshire cat?)

EDIT2  - oh no the links have gone and the pics ( well blanks as they are blocked are back)

Edited by Aulanis

I'm finding that Activity Streams can not be trusted.  

I use one Activity Stream to follow content posted by a specific member.  Day after day I find that the Activity Stream will show different content than I find by hovering over the user's avatar and using the "Find Content" feature.

I use one Activity Stream to find new content on the four forums I follow.  Given the example above, how do I know it's finding all the content?

I use one Activity Stream for following "Live from" threads.  It's proving to be tedious to update the "Find content by specific member" to make this workable.  Also, given the first example, how do I know it is accurate?  What I would love to have is a "Find content by keyword" where keyword means a word or phrase contained in the thread title.  I could create an Activity Stream to search for "Live" or "Live from" to find those threads.

32 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I use one Activity Stream to follow content posted by a specific member.  Day after day I find that the Activity Stream will show different content than I find by hovering over the user's avatar and using the "Find Content" feature.

A couple of things to check:-

First: is the first setting in your Activity Stream for "Content items, comments, and reviews"?

Second: when you use the "Find Content" feature, are the items listed are in (descending) chronological order?

These are two things that I can immediately think of that might give a mismatch between the results in the Activity Stream and the results from "Find Content".

5 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

A couple of things to check:-

First: is the first setting in your Activity Stream for "Content items, comments, and reviews"?

Second: when you use the "Find Content" feature, are the items listed are in (descending) chronological order?

These are two things that I can immediately think of that might give a mismatch between the results in the Activity Stream and the results from "Find Content".

I was using Content only because this user, as far as I know, does not post comments or reviews.  Perhaps the key is comment, I don't know how this site differentiates between a content item and comment item.  I've changed to Content items, comments and reviews and it seems to have fixed the problem. 

As for chronological order, I'm using "newest first" and they do seem to be in chronological order.

Any guess why they don't offer a Find content by keyword?

9 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I was using Content only because this user, as far as I know, does not post comments or reviews.  Perhaps the key is comment, I don't know how this site differentiates between a content item and comment item.  I've changed to Content items, comments and reviews and it seems to have fixed the problem. 

Replies to threads are "comments." That's the most likely issue you were having. I had it to, thinking - logically, or so I assumed - that "content" would cover everything.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Well, that's the theory.  There are no more bugs & glitches.  Just the routine errors that keep popping up.

They announced about a week ago that the Bugs & Glitches forum was going to be closed on Nov 5.  

Although I understood that the Forum would be closed, I am surprised that it was totally removed.

Impossible now to see if an issue had been raised previously.

Also surprised at the lack of recent feedback from CC on:

1. Issues addressed & corrected
  2. Known issues in the pipeline for correction
  3. Issues, and lack of functionality, that cannot or will not be addressed 

PS: What is the difference between an "error" and a "glitch"?  🤔   Both are equally annoying

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

Replies to threads are "comments." That's the most likely issue you were having. I had it to, thinking - logically, or so I assumed - that "content" would cover everything.

Thanks!  And thanks to Globaliser for the initial info.  It's only been a few hours...but just now this particular Activity Stream worked correctly. 

16 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Thanks!  And thanks to Globaliser for the initial info.  It's only been a few hours...but just now this particular Activity Stream worked correctly. 

You're welcome. The new nomenclature threw me off initially. 

5 hours ago, Paul from Maryland said:

You're welcome! Like POA1, I haven't found the terminology here as intuitive as I would have liked.

• Like 1

Yup, I just checked "Forum Assistance" top page (or whatever it is called) and I see that the Bugs and Glitches sub-forum has been removed. That explains all the error messages.

I guess "Need Help: sub-forum will now be the de facto forum for reporting issues and complaining about the platform and its problems--until they close this forum as well.

16 hours ago, Globaliser said:

You're welcome! Like POA1, I haven't found the terminology here as intuitive as I would have liked.

My adjusted Activity Stream is working well.  One question...see below...see how there are two entries for the same message thread.  One posted 9 minutes ago, the other 11 minutes ago.  

I wonder if there is any way to get just one listing of a message thread?

1809899310_ScreenShot2018-11-14at10_20_11AM.thumb.jpg.5ca16d621630f5e18fe33f9340d4167a.jpg

41 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I suspect that if the Activity Stream is designed to show you all postings by a particular member, it'll inevitably list every post they make even if more than one is to the same thread. I certainly can't find any way of fixing that - I get one or the other.

FIXED? Not from where I'm sitting! (Which is at my trusty desk-top, with FireFox as my browser). Yesterday was the second time that CC would NOT let me log in. The first time was that weekend-long problem. Yesterday, I was shut out for the whole day, as well. On these occasions, I was able to access the log-in page, and CC remembered my user name and PW. But, when I tried to sign in, I repeatedly got the "your user name or pw is incorrect" error code. And, I know from past experience not to try more than twice -- or you get locked out.

Why on earth did the admins decide to close the Bugs-n-Glitches thread, when there are STILL so many problems with this 'new and improved' forum??

1 hour ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I don't see one. I don't know if this will help, but if you switch your view to Expanded from Condensed, you'll get a snippet of each post. That might make it easier to see which post to view in full.  I was even looking at the IPS documentation to see if there are switches/filters we can use to show only the most recent post in a particular thread. I couldn't find anything. You'd think that would be a pretty in-demand feature, but I guess not.

1 minute ago, wwcruisers said:

FIXED? Not from where I'm sitting! (Which is at my trusty desk-top, with FireFox as my browser). Yesterday was the second time that CC would NOT let me log in. The first time was that weekend-long problem. Yesterday, I was shut out for the whole day, as well. On these occasions, I was able to access the log-in page, and CC remembered my user name and PW. But, when I tried to sign in, I repeatedly got the "your user name or pw is incorrect" error code. And, I know from past experience not to try more than twice -- or you get locked out.

Why on earth did the admins decide to close the Bugs-n-Glitches thread, when there are STILL so many problems with this 'new and improved' forum??

I ran into that his morning and decided that I should change my password (which I was need of anyhow). It worked, I got in and I haven't had a problem since. BUT, I don't see constantly changing my pw just because CC is being glitchy.

And, agreed, bugs and glitches was closed way too soon. I guess now we will just have to send all of these issues directly to help@cruisecritic.com.

2 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Yes I got locked out of CC on my iPad yesterday, with the message saying my user name or password were incorrect  🙄

The only way I fixed it was to shut down my iPad completely.

The continuing errors/glitches/bugs on this new "improved" platform are very annoying ................. plus the removal of some of the intuitive, useful functionality that was available on the old platform, e.g. navigation shortcuts, is incomprehensible. 

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

I was even looking at the IPS documentation to see if there are switches/filters we can use to show only the most recent post in a particular thread. I couldn't find anything. You'd think that would be a pretty in-demand feature, but I guess not.

If the first setting in an Activity Stream is "Content items only", then you'll only get one mention of any particular thread. I suspect that's how most of us will have set up most Activity Streams; in any event, it is easily possible to set it up like that.

The problem in this case is that the Activity Stream created by Paul from Maryland is intended to pick up every post made by the member in question, and if the stream's setting is "Content items only" then it will only show threads started by that member. So to make that work, it has to show every post made by the member, even if there's more than one in the same thread.

9 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

If the first setting in an Activity Stream is "Content items only", then you'll only get one mention of any particular thread. I suspect that's how most of us will have set up most Activity Streams; in any event, it is easily possible to set it up like that.

The problem in this case is that the Activity Stream created by Paul from Maryland is intended to pick up every post made by the member in question, and if the stream's setting is "Content items only" then it will only show threads started by that member. So to make that work, it has to show every post made by the member, even if there's more than one in the same thread.

My most recent question, about multiple entries, is not the activity stream that tracks one user.  Just a general purpose activity stream to track the four cruise line forums that I follow.  I will switch it back to "content items only".  Pretty sure I had it that way before...but while doing some testing it got switched around.  

Thanks, guys, for the help.  Appreciate it.

• Like 1

I suspect we are witnessing ostrich behavior, often evident in support groups that are overwhelmed.

Having experienced serious login issues on desktop and mobile this morning, not finding the bugs and glitches thread, I searched for a new support type forum. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

So I have concluded that the only place to post issues is in Need Help? Check Here!. Which is a shame, because those with real help questions are going to find it difficult to navigate all the stuff related to bugs and glitches.

1 hour ago, broberts said:

I suspect we are witnessing ostrich behavior, often evident in support groups that are overwhelmed.

Having experienced serious login issues on desktop and mobile this morning, not finding the bugs and glitches thread, I searched for a new support type forum. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

So I have concluded that the only place to post issues is in Need Help? Check Here!. Which is a shame, because those with real help questions are going to find it difficult to navigate all the stuff related to bugs and glitches.

I don't think we are witnessing ostrich behavior. I think we are watching prioritization of limited resources. The techs can either spend their time actually fixing the problems or they can spend the time replying to us. Personally, I prefer the former. I'll know when the problem is resolved and I know that they will get to it when they can, that more global problems will have priority.

In the meantime, it is nice/good/caring/team effort/whatever that members step up to help other members get through the chaos and confusion of moving to a new platform with an entirely new way of handling things.  Thank you, fellow members!

BUT when we encounter something that needs fixing we should be e-mailing the problem to help@cruisecritic.com as well. I wouldn't expect an answer at this point because they are to their eyeballs in fixing problems but at least we have let them know that there is a problem rather than hoping that they have enough time to be following this board.